**FSX DEMO: OUT THIS EVENING ON GAMESPOT**

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

andy

Post by andy »

It's not flawed................it's as real as it get's! :smile: :lol:

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

"as unfinished as it got"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Charlie Bravo wrote:Nothing like promoting a new product by releasing a flawed demo :wink:
Well, it didn't seem to hurt the sales of the Captain Sim C-130!!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Im pleased as i seem to be able to run with decent-ish fps.
My pc is shafted tho cause I BSOD right after takeoff, I can slew it off the ground but if I do anything mad like change views quick, blammo. Strange because games like FEAR ect run fine... Maybe FS is more of a resource hog then I thought!
Tried different memory to no avail. PSU or CPU is dieing. Im thinking CPU as Ive been running a 500mhz overclock for near 2 years :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Just played the demo. The stutter still exists and the frame rates weren't great.
The sky and water are shit and the game looks ever more dated. I'll keep FS9 thanks.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

2) The FS guys have admitted that the demo is more-or-less a beta build. They do not have any of the performance tweaks in it that the final software will have. This is due to running out of time to do so before needing to get the demo out. So expect greatly improved performance in the final version.
Whereabouts did they admit this? It would explain a few things, I've noticed a lot of bugs with the stock aircraft and missions that come with it.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Good to see that the Dreemfleet Baron works and kicks the MS one in the backside :smile:

Oh and does anybody notice that AA doesnt seem to work? Ive got 8aa and 16af enabled in the driver control pannel and it looks like I havent got any on!
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Well I'm going to wait for the proper thing to come out, I'm going to wait for some people to buy it, run it for a bit, see how they get on and see what addons emerge for it. Then and only then will I make a decision on it!

andy

Post by andy »

That's what I like to see Toby...........................a positive decision. :smile: :lol: :lol: :lol:

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

I tol you ...I tol you :tuttut:
bu no whuan leeson :huf:
likea litull chiilren ju gosta eat da candie
eben doe I tola ju ifa ju eatsa
itsa gonna maka youa sicka , to yoa taammie
:doho: ohhhh momma mia :pray: