Thorney Island & Local Area is getting busier!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Thorney Island & Local Area

Post by DaveB »

Ben..

As a reply to your last.. I don't think the majority of VFR links have worked for ages. However.. the files can still be found if you know where to look. Try Rick :worried:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

John
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Thorney Island & Local Area

Post by John »

DaveB wrote:Ben..

As a reply to your last.. I don't think the majority of VFR links have worked for ages. However.. the files can still be found if you know where to look. Try Rick :worried:

ATB

eeerrr that link I posted earlier... try going up in the parent directory?

Dave, thanks for trying matey, the sad thing is I was trying to stick in some of Simon Swallows ships as they're only RN ones I have... oh well I'll keep trying. In the meantime there's all sorts of details going in around Pompey and Thorney, so it'd not all bad ;-)

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender

John
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Thorney Island & Local Area - growing!

Post by John »

Well I'm sort of mastering EZ/Instant scenery and Thorney is now looking busy. Yes i know the mix of visiting Red Arrows Gnats, Britannias and a solitary 'diverted' Vulcan is far from true... but they're the aircraft I can find in amongst the scenery I have installed or can download ;-)

Kind regards as always

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Thorney Island & Local Area is getting busier!

Post by DaveB »

Works for me John :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Thorney Island

Post by Motormouse »

PeteP wrote: The SRN4s were far too big for Southsea and were the very large car-carrying craft used on the cross -Channel runs from both Pegwell Bay and Dover Hoverports to Calais and Boulogne.

PP
But if you've got one, you could always send it back to BHC at East Cowes,where they came for refit :)

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

John
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Thorney Island & Local Area-The RFA are in!

Post by John »

Thanks as alway sfor the encouragement Dave ;-)

Kind regards

John

Ps Does anyone know where I might be able to find any other RFA/FAA items that I could use with EZS/Instant scenery?

Ta
Last edited by John on 26 Jul 2008, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John :)

Yes indeed.. RFA's would be the icing on the cake wouldn't they. Rich sent me a scenery setup for Ark Royal in the Philippines which might have the odd RFA included. Unlikely but I'll have a look ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

DaveB wrote:Hi John :)

Yes indeed.. RFA's would be the icing on the cake wouldn't they. Rich sent me a scenery setup for Ark Royal in the Philippines which might have the odd RFA included. Unlikely but I'll have a look ;-)

ATB

Now that would be fantastic... I spent an afternoon on Fort Victoria last week and it was a real eye opener!

John

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

Motormouse wrote:
PeteP wrote: The SRN4s were far too big for Southsea and were the very large car-carrying craft used on the cross -Channel runs from both Pegwell Bay and Dover Hoverports to Calais and Boulogne.

PP
But if you've got one, you could always send it back to BHC at East Cowes,where they came for refit :)

ttfn

Pete
Hi Pete.. that's a fantastic idea! I've got the scenery object (as used in the Lee-on-Solent airfield scenery) and that the FS-Shipyards flyable version. Now if i just had Ricks :lol:

Kind regards as always

John

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

John wrote:[
Hi Pete.. that's a fantastic idea! I've got the scenery object (as used in the Lee-on-Solent airfield scenery) and that the FS-Shipyards flyable version. Now if i just had Ricks :lol:

Kind regards as always

John

Refits were done in 2 locations at East Cowes, the Columbine hangar (with the Union Jack on the doors)
and the Falcon works, which is next to the Cowes-East Cowes Chain ferry on the up river side.

They could only get out of the Falcon works at High tide, due to the narrowness of the crossing.
I remember the Princess Anne came out one morning at about 07.00 while we were all waiting for the chain ferry
to cross to go to school. To avoid problems they only had minimum lift on the skirts, and had to negotiate the main
channel at Cowes,same one used by the ferries and yotties

ttfn

Pete

ps you could use Hama's SRN6 and run it between Shephards Wharf (Cowes) and Woolston (Southampton)
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.