Yak-52 froma Alphasim! Coming soon.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Yak-52 froma Alphasim! Coming soon.

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Yaks have a very deep rumbly radial sound. This is captured very nicely with this model. There's no looping or unusual annoying sounds you get with some aircraft.
The sound is very round and deep. Not wishy washy or weak. But neither are the engine sounds harsh or loud. I like the sounds for the Yak and also their Harvard.
The Yak also has some nice pneumatic gasps and hisses when starting the engine and deploying the flaps.
Other than that the sounds are pretty standard but I didn't pay much attention to switches or knobs. The gear retract sounds are nice too.

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

If you look at the review over at avsim on the Alphasim Yak 52 you will find something about an expansion pack.

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

Thanks for the HU - perhaps the expansion pack simulates control jams so you can have this kind of fun.

Cheers

Rich

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That looks like an outstanding bit of flying Rich. Does the Alpha model replicate this.. intentionally or otherwise?? :worried:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Wow....pressing on the other pictures link...that is one scary incident..(luckily)....I am sure Alphasim can replicate the crashing and burning bit Dave...but the pilot skill...? Nah.... :worried:

BTW Rich....hows your baby coming on...? Looking forward to coming over to take a few pictures when she returns...then i can give you a disc crammed with some goodies for you... :thumbsup:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

Hey fellas,

I've not found an option in the Alphasim to load the rear fuselage with pens, coins, headset covers or screwdrivers yet - but I'll have a look :xgrin:

It looks like the long range tanks are fitted Tony, I heard yesterday that the wings are now in primer and ready to paint. I'm hoping some photos of the WIP might arrive this week - I'll post them if they're any good.

Cheers

Rich

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but there is some new images of the Alphasim Yak 52 Expansion pack on the Alphasim homepage.