Kate and William...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Kate and William...

Post by airboatr »

Whew..... close call
Sorry for the false alarm Brian, I'm still suffering ptd from the time I asked an openended question on the matter.

Felixx62
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Felixx62 »

It must be nice living in that big house and having all those servants at your beck and call. Someone to fill the bath up and make sure the water is not too hot before you get in it. Someone to warm the four poster bed before you get in it at night. Someone to put your toothpaste on your toothbrush in the morning. No need for a tv remote control ,ring for the butler to change the channel . :lol:

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

Just to balance things out.

The Queen is a lovely lady and Prince Philip is a national treasure - http://listverse.com/2007/09/11/top-15- ... ce-philip/

This (although dubbed ;) ) sums he up beautifully - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjCU2VNQFNo

:lol:

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

:lol: Funny stuff. Thanks everyone for your comments on the monarchy question. :)

Brian

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

I'll be watching the wedding. Why not I say. Good luck to them. I'm very proud of our monarchy. :party:

An added bonus is the fact Kate Middleton is a beautiful young women and very pleasing on the eye. :agree:

Bill, you bagged a belter there. B-)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

VEGAS wrote:An added bonus is the fact Kate Middleton is a beautiful young women and very pleasing on the eye. :agree:

Bill, you bagged a belter there. B-)
Ain't that the truth. She's a real looker. :thumbsup:

Brian

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I hear that the Monarchy cost everyone in the UK around £1 per year and they bring in millions in tourists money. I don't know if that is accurate or not though. I think it is good to have a head of state that is not political and primarily engaged in ceremonial duties. In the US, roughly 50% (give or take a few percentage points) of the population at any one time oppose the President so he is polarizing at best. To be sure there are some idiotic royals but many have been inspiring. For example the Queen Mum during WWII touring the bomb sites in East London. When Buckingham Palace was hit by a bomb she remarked she was happy because now she could look the East End in the eye. She and the King remained in London throughout the blitz. Princess Elizabeth (at the time) joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service as an auto mechanic and driver during WWII.

I have to agree with everyone re Kate - she is a keeper!

Nigel²

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

Sneak preview of the Royal Wedding practice run through. Filmed by a covert operative who was later found hanging from Marble Arch.

http://video.uk.msn.com/browse/royal-we ... deo_module

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I used to be a republican in my distant youth, but as the years went by, and I saw the standards of Presidents that were being elected around the world, I gradually came to appreciate a woman with 50 years experience of representing this country. Good luck to William and Kate, I hope its a perfect day for them.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Well, my 'mug requirements and needs' have been met...

On the back it says The Fairytale Romantic Union of All The Centuries 29th April 2011. Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to go with your mug.

But the best laugh is on the base..Ye Olde English Guangdong Drinkware. I kid you not. :lol:

Anyway, I shall use it to toast the happy couple, and William too. ;)