From the Earth to the Moon

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Garry Russell wrote:Funny thing Eddie he just doesn't twig with me or Eddie Izzard.

I know people who don't find Rowan Atkinson or David Jason funny and yet I am crying at their stuff

Mind you my sense of huour is very sarcastic so Fawlty Towers and all that it well in.

I think a lot of it is what's arround when you get to "That age" a bit like music.

Garry
Yes I guess your right Garry. Although I like David Jason, especially in his Only Fool & Horses capers. Rowan Atkinson just scares me. I see him as a rubber faced madman who crashes expensive sports cars. Mr Bean wound me up as a child!

As for Fawlty Towers, thats one of my favourite all time British classics. John Cleese is nothing short of comical genius. I loved the Monty Python stuff. Although it was the re-runs of course! :lol: :wink:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Fawlty towers I love, cause Basil's just like me! Monty Python I love cause none of them are like me!

Peter Kay's rubbish! Compare one of his shows to The Life of Brian, and you'll see what I mean.
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

andy

Post by andy »

Garry Russell wrote:I don't listen to music only play my own.
Yet another fellow musician on here. What do you play, Garry? :-({|= ???

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Dick Emery - catchphrase "you are awful but I like you" - often dressed as a woman.

G-ARFC was a PA-22 Caribbean

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Ah, Peter Kay. Actually, I can't stand the guy, not sure how he crept into the same sentence as Mr Izzard. I am a big fan of Eddie Izzard, his delivery is superb, real 'stream of consciousness stuff'; and you have to have a certain amount of admiration for somebody who has cracked the European market, by delivering his shows in their own languages, AND the American market (not sure what language he used then? :lol: ).

Dylan Moran, do yourself a favour and watch the 'Monster' DVD. Black Books has to be one of the best shows of recent years, with the combined talents of Dylan, Bill Bailey and the sublime Tamsin. :smile: I also thought the pompous idiot he played in Shaun of the Dead was pretty special.

Oh, have I gone OT again. :wink: :lol:

AndyG

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

I always thought it was a shame that Benny Hill was only funny in The Italian Job.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

AndyG wrote:Ah, Peter Kay. Actually, I can't stand the guy, not sure how he crept into the same sentence as Mr Izzard. AndyG
Hi Andy,

I think I just have an extremely differing interest in stand up comedy. I virtually like em all. My top five are these

Dave Allen
Lee Evans (just nuts, I love it)
Eddie Izzard
Peter Kay
Bernard Manning (although in todays society he would probably be sent to prison for his jokes)

See! What a varied selection of nutters

**sorry for straying off topic slightly Mr T** :doh:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

VEGAS wrote:
AndyG wrote:Ah, Peter Kay. Actually, I can't stand the guy, not sure how he crept into the same sentence as Mr Izzard. AndyG
Hi Andy,

I think I just have an extremely differing interest in stand up comedy. I virtually like em all. My top five are these

Dave Allen
Lee Evans (just nuts, I love it)
Eddie Izzard
Peter Kay
Bernard Manning (although in todays society he would probably be sent to prison for his jokes)

See! What a varied selection of nutters

**sorry for straying off topic slightly Mr T** :doh:
To my eternal embarrassment I have actually seen Bernard Manning performing live. :redface:

Like I said, don't get Peter Kay, but I have to agree with Lee Evans and Dave Allen. To this day my favourite still has to be the Big Yin, but I'm also a big fan of Al Murray, and I loved Bill Bailey's 'Part Troll' tour.

AndyG

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

I really, really hate Jimmy Carr. Not just the comedy but the man himself!

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Tonks wrote:Does anyone else here watch Green Wing... now that is bloody funny!!!! Best thing on TV at the moment... infact, the only TV I watch...

Tonks :lol:
I do watch it if I can be bothered to catch it. It's not bad compared to the other stuff on terrestrial on at the same time. :lol:
Spaghetti boy!