Paul's Canberra project status

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Re: Paul's Canberra project status

Post by nazca_steve »

Yes, Trev, I think it it's going to be 4 packs for FS2002 and 4 for 2004, and I have done my best to persuade him that most of us are on 2004 and would VERY much like to see the 2004 packs released ahead of the others. From what I understand now, it's more of a kb logistics issue, and he has to figure out how the best split the packs up with the right configurations. He has mentioned the possibility of putting out the PR.9 and B(I) versions while he sorts out the B.2 type packs as these are the main offenders size-wise. Will keep you posted.

As for FSX...no ideas there, I'm not sure if Paul has that version but I'm sure we'll soon find out.

Steve

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

suppose it also means there's less of a chance of it being remotely compatible with FSX, too!
I cannot think why people ditched FS2004 for FSX so soon. Most HD's are huge and you can easily run both until 2004 is dead. At this rate that will be in 2010 at the earliest! That means that you get the 'best' of both sims.
ATB Trev

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

calypsos wrote:
suppose it also means there's less of a chance of it being remotely compatible with FSX, too!
I cannot think why people ditched FS2004 for FSX so soon. Most HD's are huge and you can easily run both until 2004 is dead. At this rate that will be in 2010 at the earliest! That means that you get the 'best' of both sims.
I haven't ditched it, as in got rid of it, but I have no desire to play FS9 any longer. FSX (on my system at least) is far superior, and I can't see myself using FS9 anymore. It'd be like having broadband internet for a while, then having to go back to dial-up. :lol:

Of course, I'm not criticising Paul for not doing FSX models, but the choice to still do FS2002 ones is a little baffling, given that there seems to be even more complications with doing so (and that very few people still use FS2002 as their main sim)!

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

Either way , it's a case of horses for courses. I took a while to come around to 2004, but then was very glad I did so. I just upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce 8600GT for Xmas and now FS absolutely FLIES. It's a dream. I'm sure FSX would look cracking too, but I have so much added to my 2004 that I can't be bothered right now, plus I think 2004 still holds up well. Maybe in 2010 like Trev says, but till then...

In the meantime, I've been back at that mongrel German repaint, and with the help of Paul K (not that one) who kindly supplied me with some excellent photos, I have now duly amended the wing textures and added some additional details to the fuselage. Cheers Paul and I hope you like it:

The final flight of 99+34 from Memmingen AB, on the 27th Oct 1993 (my repaint more reflects the later, more tatty state of her):

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Eeek what a mess (the real paint job, not the model), what is the story behind this Steve?
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Guess who's been Tango'd :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

calypsos wrote:Eeek what a mess (the real paint job, not the model), what is the story behind this Steve?
A mess indeed, and that's why I like it! To be honest, all I know is that she had a replacement set of wings from a 100 Sqn TT.18 (as you can see) and that German cross markings were simply painted over the somewhat dirtied roundels. Pete confirmed earlier that this practice was fairly common with the Canberra, and apparently they didn't bother repainting the wings orange. Paul K. visited a small museum in Germany (perhaps he can clarify where) and took these snaps, which he gave me after pointing out I'd only painted the nacelles before (which means Aviation Workshop's Profiles book needs updating too).

That's all she wrote unless someone else can add detail here. Tangoed indeed, Garry! :lol:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Heres a nice picture of her in her earlier days......

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1234495/L/

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

Techy111 wrote:Heres a nice picture of her in her earlier days......

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1234495/L/

Tony
Well done, Tony and Ian, as the second link states: "In 1991 the lower wing surfaces from an RAF TT.18 were fitted after an engine fire; the yellow and black stripes can still be seen." So now we know. Nothing like a bit of a rummage through the old RAF spares department, eh? I bet they were lying around the knacker's yard at Wyton after they butchered all those lovely old birds. :-( :'( Oh, for the glory days. I was in the Air Scouts at the time, right by Wyton, and our troop leader reckoned he could get us a nose section from them, but sadly that never materialised.

Anyway, that Mil. Geo. Amt scheme is a cracker...got to love the dayglo (right, Trev?). It's not that far off the IAF 1.TTU scheme they used on some of their B(I).8s either...hmm, perhaps the next paint?