Thorney Island & Local Area is getting busier!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

John
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Thorney Island & Local Area is getting busier!

Post by John »

yet another great idea!

Keep 'em coming

John
never give up, never surrender

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Thorney Island

Post by TSR2 »

Motormouse wrote: ps you could use Hama's SRN6 and run it between Shephards Wharf (Cowes) and Woolston (Southampton)
I had this set up in FSX Pete, and for some reason, it causes the Sim to crash, which is strange as I have other FS9 models running AI shipping without problem. :-(
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Hi Ben,
think you'll find thats' caused by the gps gauge in the panel, try 'removing' panel or alias it to cessna 172

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Pete,
It can't be that as AI ships in FSX only have a texture and model folder. All other folders are deleted, as is the air file and the aircraft.cfg is changed to sim.cfg with almost all its contents stripped out and replaced as below...

Code: Select all

[fltsim.0]
title=AI hover SRN6
sim=
model=AI
panel=
sound=
texture=srn_AI

[General]
atc_type=Boat

[contact_points]
static_pitch=0.0                //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=0.0             //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 60     
acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4               //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 0.3, 0.3               //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
SternPosition = -130

[Effects]
wake = fx_wake_xl

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

John..

I've checked the Manila task group and sadly.. no RFA in there. Off the top of my head, I can't recall seeing a 'true' RFA model anywhere so why I thought there might be one off Manila is beyond me. More like wishful thinking :-(
I've a feeling that someone.. somewhere might have done one as part of a Falklands set but it might have been payware (with the JF Harrier perhaps) and this may well have been for FS8 :dunno:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

One of the chaps here (can't remember who it was :brick: ) Did a static model of Atlantic Conveyor for the Falklands, but not sure what happened to it... Now if it could be compiled as a mdl instead of a bgl, I could probably do something with it ;-)

ImageImageImage

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

DaveB wrote:John..

I've checked the Manila task group and sadly.. no RFA in there. Off the top of my head, I can't recall seeing a 'true' RFA model anywhere so why I thought there might be one off Manila is beyond me. More like wishful thinking :-(
I've a feeling that someone.. somewhere might have done one as part of a Falklands set but it might have been payware (with the JF Harrier perhaps) and this may well have been for FS8 :dunno:

ATB

Uuumm I got a copy of that just the other day (lost the old one) mainly for the P1127... I'll look through the disk ;-)

John

Ps Is there way way of turning scenery objects or aircraft into stuff suitable for ez/instant scenery? I have FSDS 3 will that help?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi John,

No, strictly speaking models and scenery objects are a one way compile, i.e. meaning they shouldn't be deconstructed as it opens up all sorts of copyright issues. That said, obviously things like afcads (or AFX in FSX) can be opened and edited.

ImageImageImage

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

XR219 wrote:Hi John,

No, strictly speaking models and scenery objects are a one way compile, i.e. meaning they shouldn't be deconstructed as it opens up all sorts of copyright issues. That said, obviously things like afcads (or AFX in FSX) can be opened and edited.
Ok no problem, I quite understand

kind regards

John

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

DaveB wrote:John..

I've checked the Manila task group and sadly.. no RFA in there. Off the top of my head, I can't recall seeing a 'true' RFA model anywhere...

OK so it's not true RFA, but the ones laid-up near Fearless, don't look dissimilar ;-) Plus a Spanish ship I found does a passible impression of Fearless/Intrepid.

Kind regards

John