All our yesterdays...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: All our yesterdays...

Post by Paul K »

FlyTexas wrote:I can see what you mean about Big Sister trouble. :lol: Looks like she was plotting her next Little Brother torment as the pic was taken. ;)
Brian
Yes, she's whispering in my left ear 'I'm going to get you later, you little b**stard'.

Dad's long gone now, but mum is still around and only deaf when she wants to be. Off to see Big Sis in the USA next month - she's a US citizen now. Thats the thanks you get for Lend Lease.

Brian, Dave, Garry, thanks muchly for your kind comments. :cheers:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that :lol:

Can't find one of me and big sis at the mo. She may have been somewhere in the shot below.. tutting at being kept waiting.. already on the coach plotting her next caper.. who knows but whatever, this was a 'usual' shot of me or to be more accurate, the back of me :lol: The phot isn't dated but I get a feeling it was Rhyl '64. Pre-Reliant days so holidays were taken via coach or train ;)
Their left to right.. nana Parsons (my Dad's mom.. carrying the lampshade hat.. she was once again the Merry Widow by this time having seen off two policemen!), my Mom, me - fighting off another Klingon attack!), next to me facing the suitcases my grandad Moses (Mom's dad.. he was an ex-hewer 'coal miner' hence his massive frame), just seen over grandad's right shoulder is my nana Harper (Mom's mom), partially hidden on grandad's left is my auntie Gloria (Mom's youngest sister) and next to her, uncle Jeff, Glorias husband. I think the trip was organised by our local social club and looking at my hat, I guess this was either waiting to board the coach back from Rhyl or us being kicked out in the Midlands :)

Apologies if I've posted this before ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Great shot Dave :thumbsup:

I guess you'd just been kicked out the Midlands as you're still rubbing you ar$e :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I loved going on holiday by coach.. it was such an adventure as a little kid. No loo's onboard in those days so it was always a mystery guessing how many times we'd have to stop enroute (Dad being a major factor in this only having one kidney) :lol: Of course, when Dad stopped the coach for an impromptu jimmy.. 2 thirds of the blokes would jump off too.. me included :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

DaveB wrote:me - fighting off another Klingon attack!

That's a smashing photo Dave, the logistics of family hols in the '60s :lol: I think I had a hat like that :-#

Currently brow-beating my sister (younger but just as bad :lol: ) as I suspect she has a load of old family photos in a battered suitcase in the attic ;)

ATB,

Derek
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Coach Tours!!

Anyone else remember the old Black and White coaches that went from Cheltenham and Gloucester areas to Oxford and Lunnun?

Oh yes and my first loo on a coach was on one of those BIG Ribble buggers going from London to Warrington to see my Grannie Molly.....

Got to love the memories

Leif

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Left to right, brother John, auntie Margaret, grandma Roberts, me, photo taken by mum.

No menfolk in the pic, dad and uncle Tom were submariners, grandad Roberts was merchant navy.

There was only a year between me and my brother and although we looked totally different it was easier and cheaper for mum to dress us as twins 8) :lol:

Derek ;)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I love the idea of you being a financially enforced twin :lol: I'm guessing we're looking at 1960/early 60's there. Where was the location?

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Could be late '50s Dave..somewhere near Portland :lol:

I think this was taken before we went to Malta, 1959-1960 *-)

Derek ;)

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that. I was trying to be diplomatic and not make you older than you are (or as old as you are) :lol:

I guessed the location would be reasonably close to a base port but knowing we actually had a Navy back then, there were more ports than there are now so it might have been anywhere! :lol: Still.. it's a lovely shot and thanks for adding it to our trip down memory lane ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage