BAe146 / Avro RJ

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: BAe146 / Avro RJ

Post by DaveB »

Hi TM :hello:

Yes.. I remember the Eurowings sounds well. Thank goodness I still have that model somewhere :lol: I'm gonna have to try it again in the air but unless I've double perforated both eardrums.. it's not present, despite the blurb. Hold onto that card a while longer ;)

Incidentally, I had the bank fraud department on the phone with 3 laps to go at Catalunya checking I made a purchase with F1 last night. Perhaps I should have said no! :lol:

EDIT: TM.. having had a fiddle, you may find the QW a bit more realistic than the EW sounds. You hear little when on the ground but you can certainly hear it in the air.. the wind disturbance causing the noise. The EW flaps groaned when you were on the deck and I'd presumed this was some hydraulic/mechanical noise rather than wind flow induced :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Ah so it is realistic after all, as the sound is caused by the airflow :)
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

A couple of things to note..

I'm really quite liking this now despite certain things not working or I've not been able to make them work.

Important for VA pilots.. the RJ fuels up no problem ;)

On the subject of fuel, the onboard fuel gauges at the bottom of the centre panel don't read correct. At a rough guess.. they're some 1080kg short. Not sure if this is supposed to be unuseable fuel or what. Perhaps the gauge needs to be reset if fuel is added outside the dispatcher function. I'll try and find out :)

My TCAS is busted. Anyone got a spare?? :lol:

Fuel required for flight (according to the dispatcher box) is over estimating too though I'm not sure if this includes any contingency fuel. Quoted 3005kg for a 330nm flight.. used 2407. Perhaps the extra thousand is contingency. Again, I'll try and find out ;)

Did a dry run before a live run.. landed at EBOS with 55kg onboard. All 4 cut as I hit the brakes at the ramp. That's what I call planning :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Caved in and bought it :lol:

Looks good so far. Had a couple of quick hops without incident, then tried starting up from cold and dark & FS9 crashed with an out of memory error :wall:

Not had chance to try it again yet.
Dave G.

cjw50310
Viscount
Viscount

Post by cjw50310 »

DaveG wrote:Caved in and bought it :lol:

Looks good so far. Had a couple of quick hops without incident, then tried starting up from cold and dark & FS9 crashed with an out of memory error :wall:

Not had chance to try it again yet.
I too tried starting up from cold and dark and got the OOM crash. Haven't been to the forum to see what that's about yet; something about yard work needing to be done.
When all else fails, manipulate the data.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Had a look on their forums. Seems there's a sticky about CTDs & Out-of-memory issues, so I'll have a look though that.

Dave, apparently the dispatcher only gives enough fuel for the actual flight, and doesn't include fuel for taxi, alternate destinations, reserve etc.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dave :hello:

Thanks for that ;) Wonder if my route out of Manchester fooled it a little.. my route into Brussels likewise. The Sid/Star for low altitude airways isn't straight forward.. lot's of low level stuff. That said, it might use more at low alt *-) Perhaps it's assuming a 40kt headwind :dunno: 600kg isn't a lot extra though it has to be said you can go a long way on 600kg in this thing.

Does your TCAS work Dave or have you seen anything to say that it doesn't *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Haven't looked at the TCAS yet Dave. Still getting OOM errors.

Looks like there's a memory leak somewhere. Going though the startup procedure, while watching memory usage, it shoots up when I start the APU, and continues to rise until I either turn of the APU again, or FS9 crashes.

Just going to pop over to the QW forums & post my findings there. :cpu:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

RGr that mate..

I was a bit confused by fuelling at EBBR this morning but this could be a VA issue and not anything duff with the model itself. When I got back to EGCC, I sat and let the tanks empty as indicated by the fuel gauges on the main panel. As they both hit zero, I had exactly 1089kg remaining. Have yet to find out if this is supposed to be unusable fuel (according to the instruments) or what. Point is, you can actually use the 1089kg! *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Seems to be working fine now :dunno:

TCAS does work Dave. Make sure you've switched it on. There's a rotary switch on the Transponder panel, set that to "TA/RA" ;)
Dave G.