World cup blues

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: World cup blues

Post by Filonian »

The England team are said to be furious at the choice of in flight movie on the plane back home -

it was "Out of Africa!"

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Police Statement: -

A man has been found in a river this morning, wearing an England shirt, womens knickers, fishnet stockings and suspenders.

Police have removed the shirt to save the family any embarrassment.
(There was more, but I've censored it)

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one Graham
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Odd, I was down in Lytham-St-Annes last Tuesday and the place was full of cars with funny flags. I went down to Nottingham today and only saw one car with a flag.

Has someone died that we were not told about north of the border??

And is there a plastic flag equivalent of an elephants graveyard?

And totally off-topic, is the sh*ttiest crowd of groundcrew this side of Ryanair being trained by bmibaby? The flight home was 40 minutes late, they changed gate three times and then proceeded to p*ss off the queue with their antics. They refused to let one guy take a hot drink on board - "Rules mate." They also harassed three women in the queue by forcing only them to put their bags in the official bag gauge and also to jam their handbags inside their cases - "Only one bag" harangued the young gauleiter in training.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

AllanL wrote:- "Rules mate."
:rofl: :rofl: .... good plug ! :lol:

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

AllanL wrote: And totally off-topic, is the sh*ttiest crowd of groundcrew this side of Ryanair being trained by bmibaby? The flight home was 40 minutes late, they changed gate three times and then proceeded to p*ss off the queue with their antics. They refused to let one guy take a hot drink on board - "Rules mate." They also harassed three women in the queue by forcing only them to put their bags in the official bag gauge and also to jam their handbags inside their cases - "Only one bag" harangued the young gauleiter in training.
I flew in and out of Luton shopping centre and airport last weekend and what gets me is the randomness of it all. My wife got the put your handbag in your case treatment while plenty of other women didn't. Sometimes you have to take your shoes off sometimes not. Sometimes you have to show that your toiletries are in a clear plastic bag and if they're not are invited to buy plastic bags which somehow render your toothpaste safe.

At Bristol on a Sunday afternoon you can easily spend an hour getting through the understaffed security check. They have however built a nice new cosmetics and perfume shop that you have to walk through on your way to the departure lounge which has about 30% less seating as a result. :rant:

LazyJet were an hour late on both flights, no explanation or apology was given.

Oh dear. I think I'd better go and lie down for a bit.

Jon