BAe146 / Avro RJ

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: BAe146 / Avro RJ

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Dave :thumbsup: I've looked all over the shop for a switch but found nothing thus far. I refuse to use the manual until it's absolutely necessary :lol:

There IS a fuel issue. Load up as much fuel as you need using dispatcher then check left and right volumes on the panel gauge. Further.. check how much is really in there using fuel/payload in the sim. It's not drastically important but it's confusing the issue for VA flying as the client isn't reading the tanks correctly.. that or it's not reporting them correctly. Thus far.. I'm never sure if I'm being ripped off :lol:

For VAers..
Two flights have shown this discrepancy. Current flight showed the aircraft to have 1226kg fuel onboard both here and at FSA. Booked the flight.. opened the client and it showed 1176kg tanked.. a loss of 50kg! The fuel page reports the same at 1176kg. However, the flight report page shows different! :worried: When I take fuel, what the client said I had and what I've taken is what I end up with.

The flight before showed the same aircraft to have 1324kg FOB. The Client reported 1165kg. I took 4700kg for the flight and started with 5865kg. At this point, I'm not sure if it's the model or the client but I'm losing fuel on each flight.. 159kg on the previous flight.. 50kg on this one *-) I'll keep an eye on it ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave(s)

So much for my saving this month :lol:

The problem with the fuel seems to relate to the way the dispatcher program loads the tanks. It adds the fuel to the tanks in the cfg , but they have no x,y,z coordinates as the aircraft does something clever here, however this leads to trouble. If you then go and manually set fuel in FS (or I imagine using the va client) it adds x,y,z coordinates (as these are required in the FS SDK) and by default sets a value which is equal to the aircrafts CoG for each tank. :wall:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. that's nice 8)

Having checked back through my logs.. the first flight suffered a greater loss. 2025kg onboard but initial fuel showing as 1377kg in the client.. a loss of 678kg! However, the flight reports seem to be reporting correct so I'm buggered if I know what's going on. The report for that flight showed 2025kg FOB not 1377kg but from fuel/payload in the sim double checked with the RKG gauge, I started with 1377+2300 which I added. The flight report shows 2025 plus 2300 added. Mamma mia! :lol: Having flown again, the next flight report said 1324kg onboard but the initial fuel in the client showed 1165kg. I added 4700kg and ended up with 5865kg at the ramp. On landing, I had 1226kg onboard (actual) and this is reflected in the flight report. However, the flyrep says I started with 1324 and added 4700 which should be correct but the client gave me 1165 plus 4700. It's all too much for my brain :lol:

A bit disappointed with the TCAS Dave. I'd rather hoped it would display V/S too. Never mind ;) I like the voice announcement at FL110 stating that personal electronic equipment may now be used :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Its rather nice, and the cold and dark seems good, certainly on a par with the ML panel, its amazing how quickly all of those procedures come back to you :lol: As has been said before, it just really needs more liveries, BA Connect doesnt really do it for me :worried:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I haven't managed to complete a flight yet :lol:
Apart from the OOMs, I had a complete CTD half way to Aldergrove. A cabin announcement played, then FS9 lost all sound, followed quickly by me staring at the desktop :wall:
Dave G.

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Having had a look at this thread I became drawn to the VA. So I toddled off to read upon it and decided that this has more rules than a bowls club meeting ;) Jeeze do you actually follow all that stuff? It lost me way not far along that list... You have my respect to be able to operate all that :thumbsup:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No.. BA Connect doesn't really do it for me either mate but given there's nothing else.. it'll have to do for now :|

Sri to hear you're having such probs Dave. I've not come across a CTD yet but I'm currently stuck in a 'config' warning I can't get out of. Buggered if I know what's causing it :dunno:

TM.. the VA isn't that complicated mate. There are just a few simple rules you have to abide by.. the rest come with practise :lol:

Now.. how to get rid of this config warning *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

DaveB wrote:Now.. how to get rid of this config warning *-)
Pull the bulb out Dave ;)

Fingers crossed, I've sorted the OOMs. Installed the latest FSUIPC, & it seems to prevent the memory leak.

Currently half way to Belfast, and all systems go :thumbsup:
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hope your taking her in over the city as its a much better approach than out over the Lough... unless your going in to Aldergrove in which case it doesn't mater :lol:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good call Dave :lol: I got out of it eventually. May well have been to do with setting the panel up.. from Standard to Lite.

Ben.. tried setting the tanks to full in dispatcher then trying to fly out from Stansted having fuelled from the Client. It didn't like that at all sir. I was stalling within seconds of getting the wheels off :-O Tried twice and aborted (bugged out) twice. Reset fuel level in dispatcher to 500nm (3740kg) and I escaped from Stansted on the third attempt. Wonder if some of this imaginary fuel was still lurking *-) Anyway.. managed to get to Geneva in the end.. about to make my way back now ;)

Good luck with the flight Dave. I wondered about changing to the latest FSUIPC too *-)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage