The Ponds "Skunk Works"

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: The Ponds "Skunk Works"

Post by Dev One »

Rick,
Thanks for the vortex info & the Xtomdl for FSX which I will look out for as my Speed Sixes & Sparrowhawk suffer from lack of perspex in FSX. It might help the .bgl circuit pattern for my Jindivik in FSX also. Does it fix the propellor problem also? When I get down to redoing my Proctor I could use it there also - it will give repainters (hopefully) a new one to play with.
I would be most gratefull for your Meteor source file in .dxf and will definitely agree not to transmit to any other person without your express permission. You have my e-mail address.
Regards
Keith

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

Well I've just flown the Jindivik and she's and interesting beast and oddly attractive (sounds like my ex wife!). A couple of years ago I did a lot of car location photography for Honda around Llanbedr and it's a beautiful area, so flying over it is a real treat!

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Following on from earlier question marks re the mark of ejection seat fitted to WK800, Trevor Stone has replied & Steve Hall has sent me a photo. It is a Mk 2E, BUT it has the strirrups & high thigh supports of a Mk 1E. It would seem referring to the M-B site that the photo is of a Mk 2 of some description with folding/retractable thigh supports, the schematic is that of a Canberra 2CA. Now according to their website the difference between the Mk1 & the Mk 2 was the addition of all things automatic as far as pilot/seat separation was concerned, so it is highly probable that Mk1E's were converted to Mk2E's.
Keith

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Sorry to boot this up

Keith's Jindivik is now available in both Fs9 and FSX -- there are updates at www.classicbritishfiles.com

also the Llanbedr project is proceeding along with work now on AI traffic hopefully it will be release soon .

Cheers

Leif :hide:

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

Don't be sorry, that's excellent news. Thanks.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Great news Leif :excited:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Hopefully the Jindi will appear in the Llanbedr Scenery in AI form so you guys can take your fighter of choice and practice air to air....Keith offers some interesting views on interceptions and different modes -- including head on in Harriers -- hence the odd cone on the back of the right drogue.

<---has learned more about the Jindivik than I thought I ever would courtesy of Mr Paine :)

Leif