So whose gone back then?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Dan

Thanks mate.

I thought they would do what they did with FS9 and leave a 7 month gap for the SDK update.

I cannot see why my latest models are causing an error as it's a Terrain.dll crash which has nowt to do with the AC model :dunno:

will have a 5 day read (if it's like the first FSX sdk) to understand the garbled instructions unless they have finally done it in Engineer speak
ie: used some logic :doh:

Regards
Rick :wink:

edetroit
Meteor
Meteor

Post by edetroit »

"So whose gone back then?"

I never left .... love my FS9 more every day. :dance:
regards

Ed

My FS Videos

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

cstorey wrote:I don't (as yet) have FSX and I note your comment about "games" which I have seen elsewhere. Please can you tell me how FSX differs from the earlier versions. Sorry to trouble you
Chris,

The new element of "Missions" in FSX is the "Game" part, and a great deal of time and space is devoted to it. The missions are just fine to fly once but then they are dead...I didn't even get around to flying them all before loosing interest.

As I say, I'm not a Games person but I'm deeply interested in Flight Simulation and the steady progress of FS into the games side does put me off. I find that FS9 is absolutely wonderful for my purpose and I don't need to build a new computer or install a new overbloated OS. I am busy buying as much high grade scenery to add to my FS9 very large collection, because that is where I will be for many years to come :think:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Mr P..

Loaded SP1 and am not seeing any CTD or errors with the Chipmouse :dance:

I've upped Autogen from off to sparse and found I can now fly into and out of Alderney with a few trees!! :dance: For a short while.. I got away with turning the sea up (so that I could actually see waves) and survived until I loaded DG's Rapide. A high of 1.2fps and a low of 1.1fps (no.. they're not typo's) meant that I had to turn the sea off again and even that didn't cure it so I changed to the Maule and all returned to normal.

As happy as a dog with two tails now that I can fly into and out of Alderney with trees.. the sea turned off and in a default M$ aircraft. I'd have tried to get back to GUE but can't afford the electric :lol:

The acid test will be to turn GenX back on. Is it possible to get a readout lower than 1.1fps?? :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Dave

You mean the V3 Chipmouse ?.

It can't be the gauges then :doh:

Nightmare to find whatever it is causing the terrain.dll crash with my Foxbat & the New secret beta model :dunno:

SDK doc is unchanged apart from the new files added part :crying:

Regards
Rick :sad:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

DaveB wrote:Is it possible to get a readout lower than 1.1fps?? :think:
No Dave, that is hardcoded into the applikation, no matter what you set your slides at ... you'll get :lol: at least 1.1. A special Service from M$

"As Real As It Gets" or "ARAIG" if you like :wink:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

ravilamir
Comet
Comet

Post by ravilamir »

Just a quickie

I have just upgraded from FS98 to FS9 9 months ago. That are people still developing for FS98: Andre Lederer and Dereck "Deck" Wakefield and others. So don't be ashamed to use FS9 or any other old FS. If it works for you than keep it.

Tony
Your comments made a big smile in my face. Loved the PC gone mad. Please keep up the good work at HJG.:lol: :lol:

A reflexion: Should our community put pressure on M$ to develop FS9 and make a FS9.2 ironing the problems and increasing performance?

Peter
I too consider fsx a "game" and thanks for your comments.

Rick Piper
I hope you carry on developing for FS9 as your models are one of the best out there (still waiting for a HS748 in SATA colours).
Just a wish :wink:

ATB
Ricardo
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Rick..

Yes mate.. with the V3 Chipmouse. I've also flown that other little thing you made that I can never remember the name of and works ok too :wink:

As for GenX.. I enabled vol1 and was surprised to see that I could take off in a default aircraft and everything was smooth.. until I tried to turn and it all went pear shaped. After a couple of minutes stuttering, it all settled down again but the ground remained blurred. Some 10mins later, it was still blurred but at least it gave 30fps :lol: Going back inside the aircraft.. the stuttering started again and wouldn't go away so I've given up. Maybe a framebuffer the size of Tazmania would help but the 128mb I have on this X700 just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid. I have a 6800Ultra here with double that onboard. Just need to take some bravery pills and install it :think:

Never mind. At the end of the day.. it's not your gauges that are causing a CTD :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

DaveB wrote:...I got away with turning the sea up (so that I could actually see waves) and survived until I loaded DG's Rapide. A high of 1.2fps and a low of 1.1fps (no.. they're not typo's) meant that I had to turn the sea off again and even that didn't cure it so I changed to the Maule and all returned to normal...
:shock: Was that the FSX Rapide Dave?
Dave G.

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Dave

Further testing reveals i only get the error over Generation X photoscenery.

Flown all over the Channel Islands in the *%$£&*" and no errors at all.

So it's a combination of my model & GenX :dunno:

Regards
Rick