PMDG New Prices

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I must admit that I had been looking out for their MD11, but....I guess I'll stick to the ifgd-one all the same.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

The airline XP VC has been done by the genius that designs Flightzone scenery. In fact it is this work preventing him from upgrading or fixing the scenery :doh:
ATB Trev

Stanley130
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Stanley130 »

Yes these are bad news indeed... But I have a strong feeling that this is the reality - the prices for future addons will go up :think:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yes, but not by that much. PMDG is going to see their sales plummet and have to re-think their strategy. There has already been a severe backlash from their existing customers, I doubt they'll be able to sustain their new business model if the Euro continues to gain strength against the Dollar because it will make their addons even more unreachable for the US customers that have historically made up the majority of their customer base. Not only that, but think about how expensive these models are now for people in the Western Pacific (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, etc) where their currency is at an even bigger disadvantage to the Euro?

ravilamir
Comet
Comet

Post by ravilamir »

Hi all

regarding the A320 there is another version on development at

http://samdimdesign.free.fr/

Best regards
Ricardo
ImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

The A320 is looking good. :smile: Of course the A320 being a Samdim project I would expect nothing less. :wink:

Brian

crisso
Viscount
Viscount

Post by crisso »

Something else negative from PMDG which may have slipped under the radar.

I already own the CD copy of 737-600/700 with the original 'incomplete' cockpit view, etc. (early UK release altho v1.3).

I want to install this to my new computer, together with the 600-700-800-900 upgrade (including the improved cockpit, etc.) which was previously available as a free upgrade download. Since my previous computer simply 'expired', losing my previous upgrade download - I just have downloaded the appropriate upgrade again this week, fresh from PMDG's official site.

However, I notice from the readme that, you now have to have both the 600-700 and 800-900 commercial versions installed first - not one or the other! There apparently isn't even the option of just upgrading the 600-700 versions I already own.

If anyone knows differently, I am happy to be corrected.

crisso
Viscount
Viscount

Post by crisso »

Further to my previous post above, I did manage to find that, I had saved on my work computer, a copy of the appropriate 46mb file that in fact, can update the original 737-600 v1.3 upto the later version plus includes the 800-900 series as well. To re-iterate, this was a legitimate free upgrade from the official PMDG site that, for some reason, is no longer listed/available there.

I have now re-installed my 737 family on my new Computer with Vista and all works well sofar!