de Havilland DH114 Heron

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: de Havilland DH114 Heron

Post by DaveB »

It is mate.. very sad indeed. :(

I have the 2 versions I was working on but I can't remember where the hell I was with em. If my memory serves correctly.. I'd sent them to Fraser to match the gauges with the airfile. On completion, Derek was gonna zip the final files up. That's where it got to. It's no 'on the button' model as far as the airfile goes cause I did it :lol: That said.. it's reasonably close and it flies. You can't really ask for more.. well you can but this is all everyone is likely to get :lol: I'm sure the NorCal Prop Club would be along with a 'fix' in short order 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

tonymadge wrote:Shame really it cant go as it is as a lot of folk ask for it, sad to see it getting covered in dust on a hard drive somewhere :(
Worse still, would be that said drive has crashed, and there's no back up. :OB:

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Apologies gents.. :hello:

..hard drive has not crashed, Heron is still here but not touched for an age.

I've been busy of late, reclaiming my contributions to our welfare state by way of medication....

Still trying to figure out how I stopped being young, fit and healthy and turned into a rattling old bag of bones :lol:

All the best, take care ;)

Derek :cheers:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Derek.Hope you are on the mend.Your health comes a long way before FS :agree: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Derek :hello:

Nice to hear from you...sorry things not been too great :(

Take care now and I'll catch up with you sometime :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Good to see you up again mate. Health is one of those things that seems to take the legs from under you when you least expect it. Hope Sam is keeping well.

Take care
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Sorry to hear of your health woes Derek, but glad to hear you are mending. Hope you carry on to a full recovery.

Old age and povery is a terrible thing :agree:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Hi again...well, its almost been a year now, and since weve been shown all the previews,and little teasers,
Etc, i ask again;
- is there a remote chance for us to actually be able to enjoy flying this bird in our fs systems?! Or why not just being frank, and tell us, "No, its not going to happen!"
We all have our lives to live, thats true, and problems are a very big part of it, but when someone starts something, and shares with us, and gets us all excited about it, and seeing that the model not only looks marvellous, but fairly finished by now, why not just allow us to enjoy it?! Is it still freeware, or is it going payware?! Either way, it would be nice to come up and just let us know what to expect here.
Im by no means being rude here, just a very frustrated flight simmer.
Model looks beautiful, its almost done, so it looks, isnt it the time to let her fly away?!:)
Thanks Derek.
Rui

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Rui :hello:

The Heron project has come up in conversation recently as it happens. I'm not making predictions but if the panel can be tied to the FD (to make the gauges read exactly what the engines are doing).. it may well be released 'as is'.

It won't please FSXers as there's no VC. Put simply.. there isn't going to be one and never was. The model was designed for FS9 and the chances of it getting a major overhaul now are zero.

I know it's been a long time and many of us wanted rid of it a lot longer than 12months ago!! Derek will be doing no additional work on it and the panel was there or thereabouts so it might as well go and please the FS9ers happy if no one else :lol:

As I said.. I'm not making predictions.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Sounds like a prediction to me :lol: I hope you can get the panel sorted as it will save a few keyboard rattlers a lot of trouble ;)
Will you be working on the FDE Dave? Glad Derek has decided to let it go as is its lovely looking aircraft
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores