Creepy goings' on!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

The first Mrs Speedbird was rather psychic and had trained as a medium so was often aware of creepy goings on (none of which manifested themselves to me :roll: ). But she is now heavily involved in The Ghost Club and thoroughly enjoys herself. Well worth a look if you are in the mood and they will happily investigate any hauntings you experience.

http://www.ghostclub.org.uk/

My favourite creepy story of her starts one evening in the 15th Century weaver's cottage of my best friend about 15 years ago. We had gone out for the evening as a foursome and were enjoying a nightcap listening to him larking about on his electric organ and making us laugh. Mrs S and I were sat in the window seat when she suddenly turned white and and whispered to me that the room was packed with people. She could feel them standing all around and talking to each other. It was almost physical and she was affected by a great sadness. Afterwards she came to the conclusion that it must have been the presence of all the people who had lived in the cottage in the past and Barry's entertainment had brought them out to share it.

After we had divorced and Barry had married, he died of cancer and my ex (now officially the first Mrs Speedbird) and I met again at his funeral. His widow invited his very many friends back to the cottage to celebrate his life in the way that he always did. When the wake was in full sway, my ex took me to one side and asked me if I remembered that night and what she had felt. I told her I did. I was mistaken, she said. It wasn't the inhabitants of the cottage come back from the past. It was this that I was experiencing. I foresaw Barry's funeral and felt the presence of all his friends who had come to mourn him. It still makes me go all goosepimply when I think about it.

Anyway - orbs. Apparently they are only ever seen by digital cameras. Not with the eye and rarely with film cameras. Experiments tend to show that they are caused by light reflecting from dust or moisture on to the CCD. Although many ghost hunters still feel that a few are genuine spirits.....

http://www.ghoststudy.com/main/fakepageorbs.html

Ian