Full-motion simulator sessions

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Full-motion simulator sessions

Post by mgchristy »

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone here has ever racked up some time in a full-motion sim? If so, where and when...and on what type of simulated equipment? Was it anything like you expected? I'm eager to give a legitimate Level-D sim a try for an airliner (preferably a Boeing/Douglas/non-Airbus product)...sorry, but I find Airbii way too drab...unless we're talking about early products like the A300/A310.

Extra bonus points to anyone who can point me in the direction of a full-motion sim with a hideous amount of steam gauges!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Mark

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

A320 sim at Natco nee PanAm Minneapolis
B727 sim Proflight Atlanta
MD80 sim here in Vegas courtesy of Allegiant

Leif

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

B747 - Cranbank
B747 - Cranbank
A320 - Crawley
B737 - Crawley

If I could do it everyday I would!

John :sad:
never give up, never surrender

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

There is a Trident sim somewhere in a chaps back garden that I'm pretty sure he rents out. :yipeee:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

BAe146
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BAe146 »

727-200 United Airlines Training Center- Denver
CRJ-200 CAE- Denver
"Mankind has a perfect record in Aviation, We've never left anyone up there."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

DM and I got to play P2 with Tonks as P1 (plus we had a real P2 and FltEng) in the fullmotion C1K sim at Brize. It is absolutely NOTHING like flightsim other than the physical appearance/placement of the instruments. The 'feel' system on the C1K sim is much, much heavier than a CH Yoke could ever be and the C1K itself feels like a very long train.. you move it and eventually, the backend catches up :lol: You can FLY it like you fly the FS9 model but the actual experience is so completely different I couldn't even begin to explain it :smile:

If anyone out there gets the opportunity to have a go in one.. don't pass it by no matter what the aircraft/sim is. It really is 'As real as it gets' even adding the simplicity of the FS5 style graphics you see through the windows :wink:

The Trident sim used to be owned by a chap near Biggin. Not sure where exactly or how you'd get to have a go.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

747-100/200/VC-25 - Denver (UALTC)
747-400 - Denver (UALTC)
777-200 (Delta) - Denver (UALTC) <- Unit bought by UAL when Delta cancelled their order after their captains wanted $300k/year to fly it.
777-200 (United) - Denver (UALTC)
737-200 - Denver (UALTC)

I guess it's nice having a sim tech as a friend. Got to take a bunch of my aviation-minded friends out there with me and we had a lot of fun learning how to fly the real thing and seeing how far we could go without breaking the plane. Barrel rolled the 777 and 737-200, and found out why they call the 732 a "Pocket Rocket".

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

XR219 wrote:There is a Trident sim somewhere in a chaps back garden that I'm pretty sure he rents out. :yipeee:
there was over at Westerham way... last time I asked it was U/S :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kind regards

John

Ps love to know if it's not :wink:
never give up, never surrender

glen
Meteor
Meteor

Post by glen »

I was lucky enough to get a go in the 737 at Crawley courtesy of John and agree with Dave B if you get the chance take it, you won't regret it, it's something I'll always remember.

Mind you I was a bad on it as I am with FS9 and I'm sure John will remeber one of my attempts at landing :lol:

Glen.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I had a go in a Lightning simulator at Coltishall many moons ago. Wasn't full motion though, so as my daughters would say, it was a bit 'pants'. :smile: