RNZAF Strikemaster

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I completely understand and sympathise!!

I'm hoping that now the full FSX version of FSDS (v3.5) is on the streets there will be a surge of new or updated models.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Airtrooper

I am a beta tester for FSDS3.5 are you sure it's released as we only just got Beta 15 2 days ago ?.

Regards
Rick

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Well you may be right, in which case I bow to your superior knowledge.

I confess I haven't actually purchased it myself, but it certainly looks like Abacus are selling it here at $49 for online download (you can add it to your cart and go to checkout etc.):

http://www.abacuspub.com/fsds35/

Apologies in advance if I'm wrong though

Jon Rose
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Jon Rose »

I believe it's called "Pre-Order" or somethign like that... :dunno:

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Airtrooper

No not professing to superior knowledge just worried as the latest beta is not what i would call ready :worried:

Pretty sure it will be a free upgrade for FSDS3 owners when it is released :welldone:

Regards
Rick :wink:

NickB
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NickB »

Found the area to paint the airbrakes. Had to rearrange the camo on the wings and they are green on the lower wing but thats better than it was. Can anyone tell me if the Kiwis on the wings are the right way around? My reference material is a bit sketchy.

NickB

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Nick

Kiwi "beak" should face forward on wings

Kiwi "feet" toward fuselage as you have it :wink:

Looks brilliant.

:-# Still not found my beta files :redface:

Regards
Rick

Ian Warren
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ian Warren »

NickB wrote:Found the area to paint the airbrakes. Had to rearrange the camo on the wings and they are green on the lower wing but thats better than it was. Can anyone tell me if the Kiwis on the wings are the right way around? My reference material is a bit sketchy.

NickB
Hello NickB :shock: :welldone: SUPERB !! They also had a double diamond flash with coat off arms for the sqaudron on the air intake. I'll go thru my old photos here and send , there few other details that may help ,
photos from the last display at Wanaka and the 1987 Sinapore - Christchurch Air race Airshow .

Cheers Ian

EDIT : There is one parked in the hanger at Wigram museum , had i know you work on paint could have supplied RNZAF paint plans :shock: If you need i'll get the ball rolling . :yipeee:

DOUBLE EDIT :roll: http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/pages/wb00sm4.html

NickB
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NickB »

Ian,

glad you like the repaint. The paint scheme was based on the only pictures I could find which showed top view and side profiles, but were of the Matchbox 1/72 scale kit that someone had made, and then had to be amended to fit Rick's JP model which was'nt designed with camouflage patterns in mind. The RNZAF paint plans can still help, especially if Rick can find his Strikemaster model.

Rick, I'll change the wing Kiwis (and add (2?)Sqn markings Ian ), then if your happy with it, I'll upload it to Avsim.

Cheers.
Nick.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Nice repaint Nick, I've always liked the schemes our Kiwi cousins used (only proper scheme for a Skyhawk methinks), looking forward to this one - ah, the old Matchbox Strikemaster, that takes me back. :smile:

Rick, regarding that beta, I usually find things are down the back of the sofa! :redface:

AndyG