Britannia revisited..

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Britannia revisited..

Post by tonymadge »

Ok we know the model needs big update but I was asked to do these two for an upcoming AI package, they are flyable as well...
Henry William was kind enough to let me share his base textures which I played about with and came up with these old rare ones.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Tony thanks for the Transglobe, we flew out to Singapore on British Eagle and back on Transglobe, not sure of the status of Transglobe ie who owned it best intelligence at the time was that they had 2 leased from BOAC.

Is this for the Mike Stone model ? or is ther another I have missed.

Rich

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Rich

That is Mike Stones Britannia :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Garry, many thanks thats the one I have so will keep the number of models down.

For anyone who does'nt know there are 2 airfile updates availiable 1 by Brian ( Horse) Horsey of Beverley etc fame and 1 by Bob Chicilo who has also done 1 for the Mike Stone Twin Pin, The Brit files are both on Flightsim.com, unfortunately the Twin Pin GDE is only on Simviation.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Garry Russell wrote:Hi Rich

That is Mike Stones Britannia :smile:

Garry
What actually happened to Mike Stone eventually? I remember him first winding down his forum, then some months later he announced he was going to do only fictional iarcrfat to save getting hassle from people wanting more detail or this model or that model, now I see his website has gone completely. Has he "retired" from FS?

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Toby, yes unfortunately thats what happened,Mikes work was't that bad though maybe not as good as we get here, he was doing it for free so no hassle if you do'nt like it delete it but do'nt moan about it.

He had started going through his models updating them unfortunately he did'nt get to the Twin Pin still the best out there.

Rich

UKVoodoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by UKVoodoo »

Rivet counters unfortunately bombarded his email box constantly that he decided enough is enough :sad:

I found his work on the same par as Mr Itos personally, although fde's were not accurate their models we're exceptional to use, very frame rate friendly and also very detailed representations of unusual but very popular aircraft that had a community always in waiting to edit the fde's it was a very sad loss to the FS community :sad:

ElsanNeddy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ElsanNeddy »

Is it still possible to get Mike Stones models. I am after a 216 Squadron Tristar.

Cheers

Ned

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Ned

Take a look at Simviation - I think they have most of his work

Rich - Is rank the single Pin with the Twin Pin :) I have both and have
a blast playing "how short can you go?" in them

Leif

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Leif, I never saw a Single Pin in the flesh so to speak but saw loads of Twin Pins flying around in Aden, maybe the single had the edge being lighter, was working on a cam version for my Dhala set up but gave up as I could nt get the colours on the wings, flaps, and ailerons to match up seems different materials used in different components so painting was impossible, Bob Chicilo has done a airfile for the twin at my request, it is only on simviation unfortunatly.