A Comet Special...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A Comet Special...

Post by petermcleland »

This is a very full sequence of an Automatic ILS Approach into PAMA. The sequence is meant to be instructional as well as showing off David Maltby's creation. I was practicing for my Comet Tour, taking half the airport staff RTW. The approach looked pretty good for a picture sequence so I played it back with the Recorder Module. The full sequence can be seen here:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

Thanks for looking :)

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A Comet Special...

Post by Filonian »

Many thanks Peter.

Interesting, as always, and very well done.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Peter, this is something I've meant to do to illustrate the complexities of MSFS for those who are only familiar with combat sims such as IL2 and CFS3. It really is excellent, and I'm going to link it at my online squadron forum. Thanks very much indeed! :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

A lovely sequence Peter, very easy to follow as usual. Thanks very much. :) :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks for the comments chaps :)

BTW... The Staff Tour itinary is being finalised today for a departure on Monday evening. The route is now fixed as follows:-

Get fuel at Yakutat PAYA then Honolulu PHNL, Pago Pago NSTU, Christchurch NZCH, Melbourne YMML, Perth YPPH, Cocos Is. YPCC, Diego Garcia Navy FJDG, Nairobi HKJK, Larnaca LCLK, Munich EDDM, Helsinki EFHK, Goose Bay CYYR, Portland KPDX, McLeland Field PAMA.

There will be standover days (1 or 2) at Honolulu, Christchurch, Nairobi, Munich and Helsinki all other stops will be just nightstops :drinkers:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Excellent Peter and ATB for your RTW ;-)

Not been up to MCL much recently but sitting at SeaTac the other day.. wondering where to go in my shiney new LR F-104, I decided to try a quick flight up there.. the long way!! Lysander from SeaTac to Emma.. Catalina from Emma to Bowerman and F-104 from Bowerman to MCL. A nice little hop at M1.94 :lol: Hope I didn't wake anyone up ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Peter
Instead of PHNl why not visit our part of the islands ?? PHOG - the ILS 02 makes an interesting approach - you fly south down the valley and then do a 180 turn over Kahoolawe to intercept the localiser - fun approach seeing as Iau goes up to 6000 amsl on the west side and Haleakala goes up to 11000amsl on the East. Plus if your RONing there you can take your staff om the Hana highway to Lindbergs grave site ;-)

Mahalo

Leif

(Ill be there in the flesh come Tuesday)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:Excellent Peter and ATB for your RTW ;-)
A nice little hop at M1.94 :lol: Hope I didn't wake anyone up ;-)
Don't worry about it Dave...Don't think we have any glasshouses here in Alaska :lol:

Seriously though, while you are here you really should install GBv2 for a whole new very intricate and interesting terrain. You could then upgrade your PAMA to suit and perhaps add some of the recent refinements like the BBJs package and the Small Cargo Project :)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DispatchDragon wrote:Peter
Instead of PHNl why not visit our part of the islands ?? PHOG - the ILS 02 makes an interesting approach - you fly south down the valley and then do a 180 turn over Kahoolawe to intercept the localiser - fun approach seeing as Iau goes up to 6000 amsl on the west side and Haleakala goes up to 11000amsl on the East. Plus if your RONing there you can take your staff om the Hana highway to Lindbergs grave site ;-)
Leif...I'm particularly fond of the airport scenery that I have for PHNL (it is either LAGO or Aerosoft), even the palm trees wave in the wind! However, that first flight starts on Monday evening after the 8.00 pm shift change...they should all be checked in and on board by 9.00 pm (there are only 25 of them) and we should be able to get out of PAYA after fuelling by 10.00 pm. So a night flight with sleeping pax and a very early arrival at Honolulu for 2 standover days...I might just arrange an extra trip over to PHOG and back for those who would like to go :)

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Totally understandable Peter

I use Bill Melichars scenery for all of the island airports he has manged to capture the look perfectly of all the Airports in the islands (the only one I cant personally vouch for is the Lihue scenery , Kauai being the one island I havnt visited - but my wife who has says PHLI looks very close to Bill's rendition.
If you do make the side trip, just mind all the red white and blue HS748s with turtles on the tail zipping in and out of PHOG - it is VHA's hub and maintenance
base (As an aside I'm always surprised there ARN"T any VHA HS748s on the ramp when we go to visit Tag's grandparents every year :lol: .

BTW there's a Venture Rapide available at PHOG if you dont want to drive the Hana Highway - just a 15 min flip up the north shore.

Leif ;-)