Paul's Canberra project status

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Paul's Canberra project status

Post by nazca_steve »

Hello all,

this is a short note out of courtesy to users interested in the new Paul Foster Canberras. Firstly, let me say while I am not an official spokesman for him, I would like to say thanks for everyone's patience. I say this because I was something of a 'hype man' :roll: for the project a long time ago, and we are still waiting, which I can guess has tested everyone's patience. I do believe we are close (yes, once again) and here is what I know:

-the scope of the project is huge and he has divided the types into four 'packs' for ease of downloading.
-types include: B.2, PR.3, PR.7, B.6, B(I).8/12, PR.9 and SC.9, T.4, T.22 and A.1 (both round and flat tail fins - yippee!). There are many loadout variations within these types, including foreign export types.
-he has finished the .air files and is completing the panels, after which that should be it.
- I have only tested the T.22, T.4 and A.1 models without the new airfiles or panels. I have a LOT of T.4 repaints ready, one A.1 and one T.22 ready. I will go into 'full production' as soon as I can.

I don't know where these will be uploaded to yet. I will certainly inform as soon as I know more. Here are four screenshots from a month or two ago, which look raaaaather nice :) .

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Paul's Canberra project status

Post by AndyG »

Sweet! :yipeee:

Love that SC.9, I've always had a soft spot for that particularly ugly beast. :)

Andy

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

Wonderful! :welldone:

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

Andy, I know what you mean, I can't wait to get my hands on the SC.9, either. I made a model kit of it a couple of years ago and developed an affinity to it as well, somewhat ugly as it is. Paul has done the RAE scheme here, but there's the all-white and the natural metal schemes that can be done for it too if you are interested in divvying it up. If you are, I'd personally like to do the all-white one, as that's the kit I built, and I would love to do the same in the virtual world!

ANyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves yet...got to get the models first!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Despite a lack of VC, I am looking forward to these. Just a shame (IMHO) that they will all be released in big bang, there is just so much of one type you take in a single hit. Would have been better over a few months.
ATB Trev

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

...............oh, can you ask him to thin down that HF aerial lead before Rick sees it ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATB Trev

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Looks fantastic ..... I am really looking forward to the PR9....thats my fav :)

Techy
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

calypsos wrote:...............oh, can you ask him to thin down that HF aerial lead before Rick sees it ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heheh. Trev, Rick is going to have to take it like a man, I'm afraid, as I believe Paul has well and truly closed the doors on he modelling phase :$ All we can do now is sit back and await the roses. You may have to ration your Canberra intake so as not to get overwhelmed when they come out :lol:
Last edited by nazca_steve on 17 Sep 2007, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

nazca_steve wrote:Paul has done the RAE scheme here, but there's the all-white and the natural metal schemes that can be done for it too if you are interested in divvying it up. If you are, I'd personally like to do the all-white one, as that's the kit I built, and I would love to do the same in the virtual world!
Steve, you crack on, I've got a fair bit on my plate anyway. :lol:

Oh, and I believe it ended up in a hemp/grey scheme, when it was used for fire practice, so there is yet another option!!!!!

Andy

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde

Post by nazca_steve »

I had NO idea about that one Andy, got any pics of that perchance? I know the nose was still silver (at least it looks that way) when it was cut off and bought by an Italian collector, but the pics was pretty murky. Where did she end up for fire-practice? Also, has anyone hear heard about the belief that XH132 was possibly involved in the accidental shooting-down (through missile testing) of an Irish civil aircraft in the late 60's? I read this snippet on it, where the suspicion that the MOD lied is aired:

http://www.manxman.co.im/cleague/archive/oct2000.html

If anyone could shed some light on what they know, I would be very interested to read more.

Steve

**EDIT, I just found this entry and photos on Les B's site that shows the chopped nose in hemp, and a nice profile shot, so Andy is indeed right -we have another scheme to do!

http://www.bywat.co.uk/xh132.html