Alphasim Sea Venom

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Jason32
Trident
Trident

Re: Alphasim Sea Venom

Post by Jason32 »

That reminds me, i was going to go back to the AS Canberra and do a heap of new schemes, not any more, i will look into doing someone elses from now on. :)

sknepper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by sknepper »

I am very sad to hear that also, Jason. :'( Well there are plenty of fantastic freeware models that I'm sure you'll love to get your hands around. Keep us informed please, 'cause I'm one of your many fans! ;-) Heads up and on to the next story.
To be continued..
Sincerely, Sean Kneppers
Repainter by choice
Fancy the Irish going Dutch

pedro
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by pedro »

Hi There has anyone got a copy of the AlphaSim Seavenom. I have unsuccessfully asked AlpaSim But they have replied that it is not possible to send me one- thanking anyone in advance!
Pedro

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Pedro..

I take it you want the paintkit and not the model itself?? Unfortunately, the paintkit usually resides on the model download page so in reality, you have to buy the model in order to get the paintkit. This is probably why your request got a negative reply. On the other hand.. if you have the model (bought it), you should be able to go back to the download page and get it yourself. You lose a download count but that shouldn't be a problem :)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Are you still able to download models that have been removed from sale? I was under the impression that the Sea Venom was one of those removed from general sale as the developer decided to leave Alphasim.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris..

That's possible mate. I don't really keep my finger on the pulse over there since I stopped buying. In which case, I wouldn't know who to turn to. While it was on sale, it would've been copyright Alphasim but as the author may have withdrawn it.. I suppose he's the one to see :dunno:

ATB

ImageImage

pedro
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by pedro »

Hi
thanks for all the replies- no I was unable to purchase the model, that was the reason for my request. How can I get a copy? Is there anyone who has contact with the developer that I may purchase a copy?
Pedro

pedro
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by pedro »

Hi Again,
I've managed to get a copy, after a lot of hassle, so is it possible to get the repaints by Jason?
regards Pedro

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Pedro :)

Glad you managed to get a copy ;-) I dunno mate but I get a feeling that Jason had a bit of a run in with Alpha and as a consequence, he never finished the Sea Venom paints. If they're not available at Flightsim.com or UKMIL, chances are they're not available. I don't have them on my system and don't recall seeing them released.. it's been a while though :think:

ATB

ImageImage

Jason32
Trident
Trident

Post by Jason32 »

I pulled the plug on releasing this Sea Venom (and many others) due to my own conflict with Alphasim and due to the reasons i wont bore you with to know, and so after i refused to do any work from an Alphasim model ever again...since leaving UKMIL my time for repainting is very short lived, and the DSB/IRIS Hawk work recently have taken me what feels like ages to do, and even now its not complete, it will get released but what time i dont know, personal issues have taken my flightsim time for repainting over....so im sorry to say this work of mine on this Sea Venom will probably wont ever be released...

...sorry to have to tell you this.