Nvidia Driver Update 7 Series

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Nvidia Driver Update 7 Series

Post by Nigel H-J »

For those with 7 Series Graphic Card new driver update available (163.71)

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Nvidia Driver Update 7 Series

Post by DanKH »

Oldtimers (being on 7-series still) like me have upgraded a while ago but still, thanks for the HU. The online updater (still in beta though) is working very good. Doesn't recognizes my version 163.7100, even though that was the version last I updated :lol: :lol:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Thanks for the HU. I've installed the new drivers (several times now :@ ) and cannot get anti-aliasing to work. Even tried removing all traces of Nvidia stuff in safe mode then re-installing. Still not working. Reminds me why I switched to ATI a few years ago. Oh well, back to the last set of drivers :-(

Andy

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks Nigel...I just updated and tested...An excellent driver and I'm very pleased with the results :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Peter.

Dan, I only got the info on my updater yesterday :think: Still, better later than never I suppose!!

Andy, I am not a Guru on PCs' but even though you said that you had deleted all Nvidia in safe mode one thing I have always found is that even when the driver is deleted.....the Nvidia Folder and its' contents are still on the C Drive!! Delete the driver again then go into your C Drive and look for the Folder Nvidia..........Delete this Folder along with everything in it before installing your new Driver. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

never ever go arround deleting files if a program was installed using an installer, unless its a last resort. You'll get all sorts of problems as the registry may still be referencing files which you have deleted. ;-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Nigel,

Thanks for your reply. My method for clearing old drivers is that I first uninstall through the Control Panel, then use NFR.exe to remove any remaining Nvidia/ATI files in the Windows\System32 folder then finally delete the Nvidia folder. I assume that uninstall deals efectively with the registry but if not on my next attempts I will blitz those with regedit. However at present things are going from bad to worse. Now when the sim loads there are no 2D panels showing :brick: I think it is an old tweak in the FS9.cfg file (panelastexture). Anyway, bo**ocks to flying, I'm going to hit the bottle before the 7600GT goes in the bin :o

Cheers,
Andy

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Ben. when having used an installer I always uninstall the correct method i.e. using their own uninstaller or add/remove programme. Once it has been uninstalled in that way I then delete the Nvidia Folder then install the new driver. Never had any problems before unless that is, I haven't noticed!! :lol: :lol:

Andy, sorry to hear that you are still having problems, maybe some-one here can suggest something for you.

Regards Nigel.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well...I don't think he is a real Nvidia enthusiast so it might be best if he buys another ATI card...And, good luck with it :lol:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Andy,

Here is a thread that contains some relevant items about Anti-Aliasing with the newer drivers:-

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65699

Don't know if it helps but I'm still using AGP...you might be on PCI.