From Rugby to......!!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

From Rugby to......!!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Having had the dissapointment of the Rugby result we now move to another nail biting round.....that of the F1 final at Interlagos Brazil. Three drivers are in contention for the championship, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen and of course Britains' Lewis Hamilton.

My hopes are that Lewis will take the drivers crown but a lot can happen in an hour and a half as it did in China.

Unfortunately I will be out when the race starts so am recording it for when I get back, only thing is I won't be watching it until around 22.00hrs tonight so the temptation of having to resist looking at the final result is going to be very hard indeed, can even see me fast forwarding the recording!! :lol: :lol:

Apart from all the politics and backstabbings that have recently occurred (and I am not getting involved in any) F1 this year has never been so exciting since Lewis joined the fold.

How many of you will be watching it?

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Re: From Rugby to......!!

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Nigel

I really can't understand why Ron Dennis has not told Alonso to F*** ** to be honest.

Also a Spanish Newpaper have been on a Racist bent about Alonso having to be in the same team as "Coloured" driver as they put it. :'(

Come On Lewis :thumbsup:

I really hope that Fabrio realises what a Twat Alonso is and decided he doesn't want him in a Renault for next year as it may teach him a lesson.

Anyway good luck to Lewis CHEERS

Regards
Rick

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Here here....Its great to see a driver really go for it, yet remain cool.... he's like Prost and Senna rolled into one..... Come on Lewis!!!! :thumbsup: Coolio
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Rick

Well I did say in my post I wasn't going to get involved in back stabbing or political issues but......From your post I have to agree regarding why Ron Dennis hasn't told Alonso to 'Go Forth and Multiply' :lol:

Regardless of whether a driver is a champion or one in waiting, in a team there can be no favourites. They are employed to do a job and that is race. Should, as in this case, one prove to have the edge on the other then it is no good in shouting off at the mouth as it does the driver and team no favours.

Alonso appears to have forgotten the basic rules of employment, he is paid to do a job by the team he is driving for and has to show respect for his employer and sponsors whilst there, if he cannot abide by that then he should pack his bags and go!!

Shoulds Lewis succeed in winning the championship today then he would prove to be a good ambassador to the sport.

Nigel.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Sadly, I lost almost all interest when STR let Scott Speed go. They didn't give him a car capable of completing a race competitively all year and they still let him go after promising they wouldn't until they gave him a good car.

Oh well, F1's continued locking-out of the US fan base is NASCAR's win once again. They get more pissed off F1 fans and Scott Speed.

It's kinda sad that a series seen around the world as one of the most prestegious has yet to really try to get into one of the largest markets in the world - the US. The screw up the US Grand Prix in it's second year back, then they leave because it's head can't take the heat over the screw up. This year's US Grand Prix was a great show, especially the lineup that SPEED TV got with it and getting REAL access to the drivers for the fans like in other series, and apparently that's too "commoner" for the series head according to some comments that came out afterwards.

I put my hat off to Lewis for showing all of the stuck-up F1 owners that there are still real drivers out there, sadly I doubt it'll get them to wake up and start acting like a racing series that exists for the FANS not just their pocket books.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Aw well, it wasn't to be, bit very happy to see Kimi take the championship.

Well done Lewis, for a great year and restoring all our faith in British Motorsport. :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Gutted......Just gutted, for two reasons. :-(

Firstly, I was going to watch it later having already recorded it but needed to send an e-mail, guess what!! Home page showed the result :@ Now I won't even bother.

Secondly very sad that Lewis did not do it, it just appeared that fate has been against him for the latter part of the races. Never mind, there is always a next time.

Now that Kimi Raikkonen has got the title would there be a slight chance that he will learn to smile a bit more and also be more obliging towards commentators?

Sorry, but that is one guy that does nothing to promote interest in the F1 personality stakes.....!!

OK, I know, I've said too much already....I'll go get me coat.

Nigel.

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

What a shame. :-(

Watching here, the Italian commentators were obviously happy that a Ferrari driver won, they don't care whose driving.
Obviously they also took Ferrari's side in the spying thing earlier in the season, but they were also full of praise for Lewis Hamilton. :welldone:

Jon

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

In modern F1 (I have been a fan since 1983) Can a car be "switched off" whilst in a race then "switched on" again? All gets very intriguing don't it....?

I am a huge F1 fan and know (what i think) a lot about all the coming and goings , but after this season i might go looking for another sport as the politics seem to overtake ANYTHING else at the moment ? (in F1)

Anyone hear Bernies comments at the start of the race.....Blimey !!!!

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Techy111 wrote:Anyone hear Bernies comments at the start of the race.....Blimey !!!!

Tony
Yes and I was astonished! Not what the excited Britons watching at home wanted to hear I'm sure. :@
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image