Honeymoon locations

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Honeymoon locations

Post by Pringle »

Got engaged 2 weeks ago and have been busy as a bee planning the wedding with my fiancée.

One thing we haven't properly thought about and got ideas for is the honeymoon location. Now we know all the obvious ones like Maldives and Mexico, but we're a bit adventurous and like our beaches as well. The sorts of trips we have done before usually revolve around outings that we can do whilst there. For example, we went to Sri Lanka and had an amazing time, beaches to laze on but then lots to do when you want to.

So the Maldives (Nice as I imagine they are) are a sort of no no. We need some action and adventure as well as the option to relax.

We plan to get married in Dec 08 to give you an idea of which places will be hot and cold.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Tom

Oh yeah, one last thing, if the trip can involve an A380 then it will make it 10 times better! :dancer:
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Honeymoon locations

Post by Garry Russell »

380..So it's Singapore then :lol: :lol:

I was always impressed by a holiday shown on the TV years ago.

It was in France on the Med by the Pyranees. On one day they spent the morning on the beach then after lunch they drove a couple of hours up the mountains and went Skiing. :dance:

There was also a lot of exploring as well in the surrounding countryside and foothills.

Never been myself but I can dream. :)

ATB

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

A congratulation might be in place then Tom? :welldone:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

Well...yeah if you like :$ :)
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Congrats mate. I got engaged at Xmas last yr and we set a date for May 2009! Only cos we're both skint. Glad you raised the thread though as we need some ideas too. :)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

Fairly well off parents, its the way forward when choosing a bride! :lol:

Kuala Lumpa, love the idea. Just spoke to her again, she's liking the idea of Thailand. Do the A380s fly there? No? Bugger :'(

LIVING THE DREAM

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Tom,

Having been to the Maldives, I wouldn't write them off completely. I'm red haired and fair skinned (i.e. Jock) so a beach holiday was my idea of hell. I spent a week in the Maldives and have never been so chilled before or since. It's amazing. If you want to be active, the resorts can offer a variety of watersports (ooer) diving etc etc. Fancy your own island for a day/half day with champagne and nibbles? - they can fix it

KL is brilliant - BUT - it's hot, steamy and very busy. I lived in Hong Kong for three years but the humidity in KL almost floored me. Lots to see though - food is fantastic, people are friendly and prices are very reasonable. Singapore - did 3 days there on the way to Borneo and it wasn't enough - but perhaps a week would be. Again - brilliant - cheap, great food, friendly people and more shops than the future Mrs. Tom could shake a handbag at.

Whatever you decide, I hope that you and the missus have a long, happy and fun time together - many congrats. We're tying the knot in May next year and looking at a honeymoon around the same time, so how knows, we may end up boring the locals with tales of CBFS! :lol:

Rgds,

Colin
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

Bugger, imagine the boredom of those poor locals if we start spinning dits about how we watched our Tridents auto land :roll:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll have to head back to future Mrs. Pringle this weekend and chat over a few ideas.

I loved the idea of the Siberian Railway...she didn't for some reason :think:

LIVING THE DREAM

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Hi mate,

Dare I suggest Belize?...

http://belizenews.com/

I am biased though..I used to live there :lol:

Derek ;-)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

DelP wrote:Hi mate,

Dare I suggest Belize?...

http://belizenews.com/

I am biased though..I used to live there :lol:

Derek ;-)
dunno bout that,he'll probably go there courtesy of 'Betty Windsor excursions' in his current job...

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.