Vickers Visssssssscount

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Vickers Visssssssscount

Post by DaveB »

John..

Go to this thread http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/vie ... n&start=45 and you'll find 3 clips of what was happening on the inside ;-) First vid is on that page and the second two are on the next :)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Its a pity you can not do some deal with the other camera man/woman & make a proper DVD out of it. If this IS the last time the engines are run then it has some historical significance (I would have thought) even to Brooklands.

Perhaps it could be relocated (in pieces) to Brunty. (I know pipe dream) but don't you hate it when something that is clearly runable gets mothballed & when its too late the PTB wish they had made the investment.

OK mimi rant done :prayer: RTFM

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Bob,

I had a compilation of DVD's with the full intention of zipping the bits together to make a final as you suggest. Unfortunately, this pc couldn't handle it (coupled with my ignorance of such things) but.. one of the chaps on DeltaGolf (the Brooklands Concorde) does this sort of thing for a living so all DVD's have been passed to him.

On the plus side, we have another run scheduled for some time in the not-too-distant (about b1oody time!) which I can't advertise unfortunately.. and depending on how things go, there may or may not be a 'final' engine run around next Easter :dancer: It's all very much in the lap of the god's. The engines have had no real maint done on them for 11-years (when she landed at Brooklands) so it's obvious she's in the autumn of her life. I'll keep you all abreast of developments ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!