Skysim Vixen

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Skysim Vixen

Post by Town »

Just to let you guys know, the Vixen release date has been moved up to the 10th December for download. Box product will be a couple of days after that.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: Skysim Vixen

Post by Trev Clark »

Gordon, could you let us know a bit about the size and price of the download? Plus is there a site with more info about it, the Skysim site has only a few lines and a video (of sorts :$ ).

For the guys who are trying to win a copy of the Vixen in our competition, this bringing forward of the release date (from 14th) means that you will not be at the head of the queue, but at least you will have a free ticket!!! Sorry commercial pressures have forced the change in release date, beyond our control.
ATB Trev

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

The price is going to be £19.99 for both download and boxed version (this is comparable with most other retailers) as to the size, Brian is more your man for that. We do have to try and get it out in good time for Xmas hence the schedule move up.

JimCooper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by JimCooper »

Wel, its going to be BIG...3 variants (2 separate models) and lots of 2D panels including widescreen versions...should be under the TON though!! I'll get back to you.

Regards

Jim

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

Eeekkk! I can't wait!

I do hope it's under the ton! I don't need another framerate killer!

Well done chaps btw.
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Fear not.. one thing it ISN'T is a framerate killer. If it runs ok on my 3-year-old XP3200 (and by ok I mean well), it'll go like something off a shovel on a faster machine ;-) Coming in the pack are FAW1, FAW2 and D3 variants plus an associated mix of paints hence.. what seems like a large filesize :cpu: Rather more than your average Alpha model but then again, you're getting rather more :bandit:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

JimCooper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by JimCooper »

migeater0 wrote:I don't need another framerate killer!
Hopefully not. I've tested in on an Athlon 2400 (1.83GHz), with a fairly crappy Matrox graphics card. FS9 medium/high settings even at Seattle Tacoma it manages 20+ FPS in the 2D and 15+ in the VC.

Regards

Jim

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I am getting 30FPS in FS9 (with everything maxed) from that wonderful VC. The download is big because each model will have several texture sets and the sound file is quite large (and noisy) too.

I think our US cousins may be a bit taken back with the price, since the dollar became 'toilet paper' in value they are having a glance at the real price of things. The problem is, in this hobby they are about 90% of the market place :o
ATB Trev

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

think our US cousins may be a bit taken back with the price, since the dollar became 'toilet paper' in value they are having a glance at the real price of things. The problem is, in this hobby they are about 90% of the market place
It definitely is becoming a pricey hobby for those of us on this side of the pond! Regardless, the Skysim model looks utterly fantastic. Count me in line.

From the looks of it, this aircraft won't be of the 'Ctrl+E' variety. I'd gladly pay $40+ USD or more for a model with convincing systems simulation, and not just prettied-up default dynamics.
Mark

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Well we hope you'll be happy with her Mark. Within the confines of MSFS we've tried to be as creative as we can. Whilst the CTRL-E brigade can still fly her too, even getting her started in the VC using the simulated systems is quite a chore.

The choice of the Vixen for our first aircraft was quite deliberate although also a bit of a trade off as I'm well aware that most US customers will not be familiar with her. Hopefully her uniquely beautiful design and the sheer please to be had from flying her will persuade the US sim'ers to test the water.

We have chosen the field oh Jet Heritage as our arena and this will mean aircraft from the US, UK, USSR and others from the 50's to 70's will be rolling off our production line.