Percival Bird

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

CometFlyer
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Percival Bird

Post by CometFlyer »

Hello out there !

With so much expertise in this forum about birds from Britain I am sure someone can point me in the right direction.

I recently came across a wonderfully restored Percival Gull IV in a museum in Brussels.

Does anyone know whether this aircraft has made it into FS9, because I would love to fly it.

Here is a link to a picture: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled ... 24/medium/

Thanks very much for your help

Helmut

bobdawkins
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Percival Bird

Post by bobdawkins »

try this don't know whether this is what you want
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?l ... ileID=7858
Bob Dawkins,South-West Cambridgeshire, U.K, HGV lorry Driver. If thing's don't change they'll stay the same.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Err.. :roll:

Need I say more :bandit:

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

CometFlyer
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CometFlyer »

Thanks !

You are probably right, I should have asked RSPB to start with.......

I've seen the Mew Gull on the Outhouse but unfortunately this is not the bird I was looking for.

Helmut

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

I know that someone was developing a Vega Gull for FS9 a while ago as I assisted with some cockpit photos, but havent heard anything for a while. Perhaps if you ask over at the Sim-Outhouse, you may get more information.

Best wishes,

Martin

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

Helmut,

could you tell me something new about THAT museum, please ? I visited it 8 years ago but I am reading now on AEROPLANE MONTHLY magazine that this wonderful collection is under threat because the big hall must be restored due to serious corrosion of the iron structure and the future of all the non-Belgian planes is uncertain. It seems that (and I sow photos.. :'( ) some of the planes have been "dismantled" in a criminal way and stored in a rain unproof building , a real nightmare ! They own one of the most important and original collection of WW I planes, several interesting WWII hardware plus an impressive array of faboulous aeroplanes from the 'fifties.
It seems that many planes will be disposed and no definitive words have been spent by the Museum authorities up to now. Just to know "where, why and what" the collection will be reduced. :dunno: :'( :dunno: :'( :$ :@ HELP

Javis
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Javis »

Helmut,

I am the culprit Martin is talking about. I am trying to establish a Percival Vega Gull ( and Proctor eventually ) for FS already for quite some time. Struggling with the internal textures because it proved cockpit/cabin photos are very hard to come by.

With the photos Martin provided i could atleast make a start of the internal texturing but other projects i am working on got in the way of doing any more work on it. I still love to finish this model though and will do so whenever time will permit.

It will possibly be a native FSX model though.

While the aircraft in the Belgium historic aviationmuseum is a Percival Gull Four IIA, not a Vega Gull exactly, it is possibly easy to adapt.

All i further can advice is to 'hang in there' , a label that is mostly attached to the projects i am involved with.... :)

Atleast you've got a serious answer this time ... ;-)

Tschüss! :dance:

Jan

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

Looking as wonderful as I remember from your first shots posted many moons ago Jan.........Many of us will be drooling over this project, so glad that it is still on the back burner and the prospect of a Proctor to follow in the future is music to my ears..... :tunes:

As I am one of the many who still use FS9 exclusively I see that you mention ' Possible Native FSX'.....would there still be any chance of FS9 variants?......as and when time permits of course.

The Percivals are often overlooked by designers, strange as they certainly were Classic designs but we are all hopeful that one day this will be rectified courtesy of your talents.

Well Done that man..... :welldone:

Regards.

Bridon Bear.

P.S. Anyone reading this who can help Jan out with internal photographs of Percival types then please forward them to him....thanks.

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thats stunning Jan!...

I can't wait to get some great quality Classic GA. Brilliant, :thumbsup: :welldone:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage