Has the tide turned? FSX or FS9?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Are you using FSX or FS9 as your current place to fly CBFS aircraft?

FS 9 users.....I am still stuck in the dark ages and love it.
56%
FSX users...I have entered the shiney new MS heaven and love it
27%
FSX and FS9...I am sitting on the fence until the new sim arrives and fly both!
17%

Total votes: 116

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: Has the tide turned? FSX or FS9?

Post by Trev Clark »

This survey is interesting, although most of the posters are FSX converts (or use both), at present FS9 is well in the lead...odd?
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Trev

I'd still like to vote but don't have a category as mentioned above :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Sorry Garry, I cannot change the poll (at least I do not think I can). I am in a similar position, as I cannot have FSX (for annoying technical reasons), I too am stuck in FS9. I still prefer the look of FS9 so am not too upset, but I am missing out on some nice beta testing though :'( :'( :'(

Maybe things in the poll will change, but if I were Bill Gates, this would make a good case for firing his developers. By now, the figures should be reversed.
ATB Trev

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

No prob

The chances I would run both.......well I woudln't delete FS.9 for the sake of it but wouldn't really miss FS.9 either way as apart from testing I rarely if ever fly. I've not done a none test flight this year for example.

Of course I can't keep up to date with making stuff without FS.X so in that respect I'm stuck with FS.9

I am pretty sure if I did have FS.X I would not be making anything for FS.9 as such but it would still sit there for occasional use.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

steelsporran
VC10
VC10

Post by steelsporran »

Sticking with FS9 and will also grimly hang on to Win XP for as long as possible. You've got to stop somewhere! :cpu:
steelsporran

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

I was originally running both, then a tragic (and my first strangely) hard drive crash caused me to lose FS9. Sheer laziness means I haven't got around to re-installing it, but then if I was missing anything from 9 I'm sure I would have by now, but then I never really had a load of add ons for it anyway.
As to would a four year cycle be a problem? Not for me, I'd say it's taken most developers until now to get to grips with all the possibilities in FSX so it'd be nice if we stayed with it for a bit longer so some stuff that really uses all the tools now available could have a decent shelf life. Having said that, if it did move to a four year cycle it'd be nice to have a few more service packs, or at least the option of more service packs rather than a contract of two and that's your lot irrespective of circumstances/developments.

ravilamir
Comet
Comet

Post by ravilamir »

Hi!

I'm still running FS9 and love it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have so many add ons for it and, in fact, many of my sceneries and planes wouldn't work in FSX. Not the Russian ones! :lol:
I had fsx installed. It run at 20fps, not bad! Had it only for 2 hours! Can't stand the cartoon feeling nor the loss of my shortcuts or the functionality of my mouse! :-(
I'll keep it until a better one comes! Hopes for FSXI! Coolio

Trev
You're rigth! By now we should all be flying on the new sim, but MS put a blunder! :-#

Soft landings (be it FS9 or FSX)! :flying:
Ricardo
ImageImage

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Garry Russell wrote:I am pretty sure if I did have FS.X I would not be making anything for FS.9 as such but it would still sit there for occasional use.
In that case, I pray you remain in the dark ages with the apparent majority as long as possible! :o)

John

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Has anybody seen a poll like this at a 'mainstream' FS site recently? I am wondering if the results say more about us, than it does the products in the poll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATB Trev

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

calypsos wrote:Has anybody seen a poll like this at a 'mainstream' FS site recently? I am wondering if the results say more about us, than it does the products in the poll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trevor. Are you suggesting that, because many of us are old reactionaries trying to relive the glorious British past, that we might be a wee bit resistant to change? How dare you, sir! Middle England will be united in its outrage!

Actually, I think a parallel poll from a mainstream site may well tell us just that!

Ian :lol: