Argosy Fleet paints Pack2

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Argosy Fleet paints Pack2

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's,

Rick has very kindly let us have a 100srs model so we (Garry and I) have completed as many of the VA registrations as is possible. Two registrations are not included (APVH and ASKZ) and in reality.. neither applied to UK commercial operations. This, along with pack1 gives us 13 out of 15 registrations ;-)

Pack2 includes the following:
100srs model
G-APRL - Air Bridge (Air Anglia basic) - GarryR
G-APWW - Air Bridge '72 - GarryR
G-BEOZ - Air Bridge '80 - GarryR
G-APRN - Jaguar Support '77 - GarryR
G-AZHN - Sagittair - GarryR
G-AOZZ - BEA Red Square - DaveB
G-APRM - BEA Red Square - DaveB
readme.txt - Insturction document with aircraft.cfg entry

The pack can be downloaded HERE Filesize:14.1mb

PLEASE.. don't bother Rick with questions on either this pack or pack1. All questions can be dealt with here ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Argosy Fleet paints Pack2

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks for sorting that Dave :thumbsup:

As Dave says all question here

I would also like to thank Rick for releasing a 100 model to us

Dave kindly filled a couple of gaps and pulled in all the bits to form this package which I think should satisfy would be barrow men.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Lovely job guys, thanks very much :thumbsup:

Regards

John

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

This might be a stupid question but can any Argosy owner have them, or would you rather just the virtual airline folks have them ?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul :)

Well.. they've been put together specifically for the VA but I see no good reason why any non-VA pilot shouldn't take advantage of them. They're only released here as a) I don't think I'm a good enough painter to show my wares in the wider world and b) we really don't want folk thinking that these are ALL NEW models which may happen if they went too far if you get my drift :lol: Poor Rick has already had his inbox littered with emails since we released the Vanguard and Herald packs and if I said he was a bit cheesed off, it'd be an understatement :worried:

By all means, help yourself to these and the Vanguard/Herald packs and enjoy an expanded simming experience ;-) Thank you for asking. What a nice, polite man you are :thumbsup:

ATB

ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote:Thank you for asking. What a nice, polite man you are :thumbsup:

ATB

I try to do me best, Dave. ;-) The thing is when people come together into a group , and create an identity for themselves, they prefer to keep all that goes with that identity to themselves, and rightly so. And those repaints are part of that identity, so its worth making sure they are happy to lend them out to a non-member. :)

I must say, the Argosy really is a favourite. I remember seeing them as a child at Watton and Changi, and so I've always had a soft spot for what is a largely neglected aircraft. Well done Rick, and well done you two on the repaints.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul :)

The Argosy, Herald and Vanguard packs (less so the Herald because of it's age and the way the pack was concieved) contain repaints of genuine registrations in as correct detail as we can get them. The Vanguard set carries as many variations on a theme as we operate (we operate APEP (for example) as a Merchantman so every variation of liveries she wore is represented but this means no pax paint.. likewise for the other Merchantman we use). For the Argosy, a number of aircraft were operated by different companies but these have not been painted to date. Who knows what might happen in the future ;-) I may revisit the Herald at some point to bring her original paints up to date but a few of these will 'clean up' quite nicely with a simple conversion of the textures to 32-bit 888. Surprising what a difference this makes ;-)

Anyway mate.. no phoney paints, just genuine liveries with authentic registrations that wore them. :rock:

Enjoy ;-)

ATB

ImageImage