The new Mossie from JF any good?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

The new Mossie from JF any good?

Post by J0hn »

Hi all

I see this morning that Just Flight have released their Mosquito packs for FS9 and FSX. If anyone buys these packs, would you please post to let me - and the others who may be interested - know what you think of them.

The prospect of sowsing around the countryside in a Mossie is appealing to me, but I have so many aircraft in FSX now that I really need to know a model is good before I can justify adding to my collection. Especially if it's payware.

Thanks.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: The new Mossie from JF any good?

Post by TSR2 »

Hi John. I asked over on their support area a few months back and this is an fs 9 model ported to Fsx so it wont be getting my cash. ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

General view is that it is a port over with some possible issues.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... hp?t=74594

Best

Michael

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Thanks for that link - think I'll give this one a miss. :thumbsup:

John

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Judging by those comments (particular wrt sounds), another slightly "unready" release?

Still can't believe after a two year wait, and with FSX now over 18 months old, it isn't FSX native. You wonder why JF still publish such titles when I'm sure they could get better (or specify better) products elsewhere.
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

Oh I don't know I quite like it actually. :o

I spent an hour or so last night after getting home from a real world week away, flying around in the BOAC and other versions and it is mostly very nice. The VC does take a couple of seconds to load when you climb in, but the guages are extremely smooth (just as good as the realair spit imho) and the whole sortie can easily be flown from there (25fps wherever I go). The 2d panel is, however, horrid and I'm going to get rid of it. As the vc is so smooth you don't really need the 2d panel at all in my opinion. The model itself is undoubtedly the best currently available notwithstanding what's in the pipeline of course. I saw no problems with the textures and the sounds are good.

I'm still with FS9 and haven't crossed to the dark side although have dabbled occasionally, so I can understand how it might be a disappointment to those who have moved on.

Not me, I'm happy in fs9 land where this Mossie is, I guess, supposed to be.

May the force be with you.

Best wishes
Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

Angus Prune
Comet
Comet

Post by Angus Prune »

ITV1 are currently showing 633 Squadron, coincidence or part of JF's marketing strategy?
"I don't care how many times they go up-diddly-up-up; they're still gits."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Just how 'new' is the JF Mossie?? Is it a completely different model from the one that popped up with the Lancaster or a rehash of the same??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

I didn't have the Lanc pack and its' Mossie but the problems that were reported with it don't appear in this 'new' release. I seem to remember there was a thread over at the outhouse at the time particularly regarding poor handling qualities and lack of animations, bu this one handles like a champ and 'seems' different. IMHO for FS9 it's great and I genuinely have no complaints. Shame we can't have a BOAC route for the VA, but at only one pax per flight it wouldn't make any money!!!

Best wishes

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Okey doh.. tks for that Nige ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!