The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

HawkerHart
Meteor
Meteor

FS 9 online

Post by HawkerHart »

Sorry for the long one...

Only tried online for the first time the other day. Me and my dad(sorry my dad and I) used the "inbuilt" multiplayer system in fs9 to fly together over a local network. The planes "sunk" into the ground, which we coul live with I guess a quick press of Y.Q.A.Y solved that temp. But the main problem was jumpyness. When our aircraft were close together (within half a mile i think it was, maybe less) everything was great, nice and smooth, but if we seperated we would see each others aircraft jump irratically around the screen. Until we closed up again.

Quick search on google showed up a result that said to get rid of those two problems use FSHost. So we downloaded, fired up with high expectations but alas exactly the same result.
Any ideas what the problem is, or is it just something that happens and has to be tolerated? Flying online is something I have little knowledge of so I know not if this is the norm, and my expectations are too high. :dunno:
Tom

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: FS 9 online

Post by TSR2 »

I don't remember FS9 being that bad on a LAN on multi player, but a lot will depend on the spec of the two systems. The multiplayer aspect is something that has been greatly improved in FSX.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've not flown MP in fs9 for so long now, I'd forgot it even existed :lol: From memory.. the problem you describe was always there :think: Make sure you have 'Crash detect' turned off.. this may improve things slightly.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi HawkerHart

I'm no expert in this field but have done on-line flying with up to (Ithink) six guys from here, I found the jumpiness was down to Scenery and Autogen settings, try reducing them, I know it may not be as realistic but could solve your problem.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

HawkerHart
Meteor
Meteor

Post by HawkerHart »

Cheers guys :thumbsup: , shall give your suggestions a try later on. We'd fiddled with the scenery settings but only to set them the same on both machines, didn't try reducing things.

-------------------------
Gave it a shot but got the same result. I guess my multiplayer itchings will have to be... um itched?.... with IL2 for now, back to port forwarding I go.

Just wondering, if I flew on something like VATSIM would I get the same problem?
Tom