FSAirlines Beta Bugs

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: FSAirlines Beta Bugs

Post by simondix »

As far as I am aware no. I've never come across a round robin and wouldn't recognise one I'm afraid. The client showedanyway that I had to book a flight.
Last edited by simondix on 10 Oct 2008, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

OK mate.. I'll have a look for you ;-)

EDIT..
I think I see the problem Simon. Francesco is also doing TR's in the 500 and it looks like he had the flight booked. Unless a flight has 2 times (eg.1000am and 1600pm) once it's booked, that flight becomes unavailable until completed. I had this happen to me a few weeks ago in the Vanguard. I'd flown up to EGCC and looked to book the return to EGLL and there wasn't one :o Scratches head so flew to Jersey and then to LHR. By the time I'd got to Jersey, another pilot had done the CC-LL flight and it became available once more ;-) It doesn't happen often but it's something to look out for :)
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for that info.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

JW
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JW »

Hi! All,
I have been getting numerous penalties for lights on/off at the wrong times since the new Client was launched.
This morning I was given another, so I aborted the flight and logged in here to try and get some sort of feedback.
What seems to be happening is:-
1) The parameters for penalties are much narrower than before. Originally I could turn lights on/off up to 300 ft either side of the 10000 limit (And I think, once, at 700ft). Recently, I have been penalised twice, for being 200 feet out.
2) On some occasions (including this morning) I am climbing, and at around 9000, I get a switch of frequencies and the new controller gives me a new pressure reading. Before I can enter this, I receive a penalty, even though the altimeter is showing a sub-10000ft altitude. If I press 'B' it shows a plus 10000ft altitude - so the Client seems to be working on a pressure/altitude reading which I am only just aware of.
I have begun stabbing the 'B' button continually as I approach 10000ft, but this morning I pressed 'B', the altitude switched from 9600 to 10100 and I received a penalty.

I know I am probably more dense than a very dense thing, but HEEELP!
Johnny

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

You do NOT need to keep your lights on right up to 10000 feet, as long as they are off once you are above 1000 feet and below fl100 it doesn't matter. You can turn the lights off at just over 1000 aglfeet on takeoff and say 1500 feet agl on approach however i tend to do it in good time a few thousand feet further up. If overspeeding is your probem, ensure you are below 250 well before fl100.

Richard
ImageImage

JW
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JW »

Richard,thanks!
So in other words, it don't matter a ramblers damn when you turn them OFF (Excepting your parameters) just when you turn them ON!
Johnny
PS Just did flight; all ok. Ta!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi JW..

Yes indeed. They MUST be ON at and below 1000ft and they must be OFF above 10,000ft. From 10,000ft to 1000ft, the choice is yours. Rule of thumb.. when you clean up at 1500ft AGL for the climb, turn em off. When you're at 1500ft AGL on approach or thereabouts.. drop the gear and the landing lamps at the same time. Don't leave it too close either way though. ON earlier is fine.. OFF later is fine ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

JW
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JW »

David thanks!
After all this time....
I think I almost experienced a damascene moment today....
JW

JW
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JW »

Flew from EGLL to EKCH yesterday, in a Trident 3; but "Book Flight" page shows it as still booked. My profile page shoes that I HAVE flown the route. CBFS fleet page shows me as flying - though I presume this happens a soon as a flight is booked? Clicking on the aircraft FSA id on that page shows that it flew the route. I am confused!
Johnny

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I'll have a look Johnny and get back ;-)

ATB

ImageImage