FSAirlines Beta Bugs

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FSAirlines Beta Bugs

Post by DaveB »

Cheers John ;-)

I really don't know what was wrong with the fuelling code in 1.04 as I'd never had a problem with it. OK.. the odd kg goes missing every now and again but other than that, bullet proof. Ah well.. we live in hope ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Captain Pugwash
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Captain Pugwash »

just come back to flynet/ fsairlines. have a problem that might be easy to answer for some of you. nice change to the flight set up and took me a few mins to figure out what was happening with the flight/ refuel screen. my question though is the refuel section. fuelled tanks as per i have done in the past, did my flight with some fuel left over for a return flight. booked return flight and go through set up . then comes the refuel section, my spare fuel had gone and it displayed aircraft with 0% and i had to purchase fuel and a small reserve.
my understanding was that if the aircraft had reserve left you were able to use that with new refuel figures, thus saving some cash. or had i missed out a step with this new system. nice to be back though.

fighterpilot
Trident
Trident

Post by fighterpilot »

There is a bug with the most recent version of the client affecting the fuel remaining after a flight. Check the aircraft on the fsairlines website and the amount of fuel should be correct. Hopefully this bug will be sorted asap.

Richard
ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Yes there is a bug but also, training flights are treated diferently now at FSA in that the fuel will always be reset to its start fuel at the end of a training flight. This was introduced to stop people tanking an aircraft on a short training flight and then doing a long haul revenue flight with free fuel. So 0% is the correct fuel state for your aircraft Dave.

Regards

John

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Am I stuck with the 10% penalty on yesterdays flight when I am alleged to have cheated and did nothing I don't normally do? If so I think I'll go back to driving buses.

cheers

Fraser

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Fraser,

We can't get around the fact that the aircraft ended up with a large amount of fuel. We are not the only ones being affected and to be honest no-one knows exactly what is causing this. I've suggested that 'Cheat' be re-named 'unfair advantage' but that doesn't appear to be going to happen. At least 'cheat' gets folks attention. I've done two flights today where I have deliberately disconnected from the internet so that I have to do a manual fuel upload to see if that is what's causing the problem. Alas my tests were inconclusive on that count but there is a problem with the saved flight upload as on both flights the fuel purchased was incorrect. I'm waiting to grab Konny when I'm next online to discuss that. The 10% hit is for just the one flight so over the hundreds of flights you do the impact is negligable as was the 5% hit on VA rep at the same time. Thankfully we now have the fuel counter back in the client window along with GS as well as IAS so we are in a better position to monitor what the client is reporting. I guess pilot checks should now include a 'check fuel in client' at start of flight and end of flight. Sorry I can't wave a magic wand but we are all treated the same and hope that someone has a breakthrough and nails what is causing all these cheat flights. CBFS has come off very lightly when you consider that there are anywhere between 10 and 40 'cheat' flights a day being dealt with by FSA admins.

Regards

John

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Hi John,

I suspect the problem must be to do with uploading saved reports; I've never had cause to do so before this flight.

I can remember filling up to appx 2600 lb per tank in both the sim and via the client and that is what showed in the latter. (I was the last to have flown AXNT, so I know there was in excess if 4400 lb aboard). I knew I wouldn't have to worry about fuel management on that flight as all four tanks were equal at departure.

While I didn't check the fuel gauges on arrival, I did check the total on the data card which I think was about 4850 lb, as I thought I could take on a little less for he return as 4400lb is the standard fuel left on board.

So if I did the whole exercise again, presumably the same would happen and my rating would concomitantly drop.

Abjectly and completely pi**ed off.

Fraser

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Fraser,

Yes a bit of a bummer. I've done two flights today now where I have deliberately disconnected from the internet to force a file upload. On both occasions the fuel purchase was higher than actual which resulted in a lower fuel remaining on the aircraft. The figures on your flight initially showed :-

2118 kgs Start fuel
2802 kgs fuel purchased
0 kgs Block fuel
18544 kgs End fuel

Since the flight got reviewed, the expected fuel burn has been added to the fuel purchased so the report on the site is not the original. The odd thing is that the end fuel isn't 100% as if the aircraft had been auto-fuelled, neither is it 100% fuel on departure as the client has logged the departure fuel close to what you loaded. Even if it was 100% on dep the fuel burn wouln't have got t down to the current fuel state on the aircraft.

Could you grab the debug file from your FSAirlines folder where you have your client and upload it and send me pm with the link. We'll let Konny look at things and see if with your flight and my two whether he can see anything going amiss. Once Konny has had a look we can delete the flight as clearly whichever way we look at things the figures just don't add up and is not a pilot induced error. Leave the aircraft where it is for now if you don't mind.

Regards

John

JW
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JW »

Just flew training flight Heathrow/Paris in B4
Client started up ok but didn't register the flight. Still reading "You can start your flight now"
Also fuelling page offered 25000kg(Approx) for flight. Had to zero it - it used to start at zero....
Johnny

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Johnny,

Yes in new client the fuel in the client will show what is currently loaded in the sim and the amounts in the edit boxes is the difference between what the aircraft shows on the database and what is loaded in the sim. You just adjust as needed to get the required dep fuel. Don't know why your flight didn't register. You can monitor the client en-route and check things like current flight state and importantly, the fuel useage. Please don't forget that after each training flight the fuel is reset to the amount before the training flight.

Regards

John