Wrong aircraft detected? Update FSUIPC required

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Wrong aircraft detected? Update FSUIPC required

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dave..

Tks for that. I'll post a query over on FSA highlighting the problem we're seeing on the 1-11 ;-)

Has anyone attempted to fly the Tridents yet??

EDIT..
Re the Trident..
I've just seen that John posted a query on the T3 already. He changed the data in FSA to reflect the 4th engine and it immediately knocked 15% off each airframe so he has changed it back again. His query hasn't been answered as yet so expect problems with the T3 until this is sorted.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Thanks Dave and Dave,

Didn't think of the APU being an engine problem, I take it this will affect a few other types aswell, unless alreadry addressed.

Dave B when FSA update the 1-11 to three engines, if you want to let me know I will happily test all the types to check. I don't mind losing the odd couple of quid cancelling flights, at least I don't lose my ratings for that....

Cheers again
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Andy..

Just got this back from Joe Fremont. I'd asked if the 1-11's APU could be the cause..
This could be the reason, it does check number of engines and MTO. I don't think an APU should be listed as an engine, unless maybe it produces thrust while in flight.
DM..
How critical is the APU entry in the aircraft.cfg?? Would removing it as a temporary workaround be viable??

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Andy..

In the meantime.. I've remmed out the APU on the 1-11 and it still runs ok in FS. Not sure if it's enough to fool FSA or if there are other possible complications in it's removal. If you want to try it.. look here in your aircraft.cfg

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type= 1
Engine.0= -30.600, -7.200, 3.000
Engine.1= -30.600, 7.200, 3.000
//Engine.2= -30.600, 0.000, 3.000
fuel_flow_scalar= 1.370
min_throttle_limit=-0.159912

You'll see the remmed line (Engine.2). If this doesn't work (eg.. if FSA is still reading that line even though it has been remmed) try removing the line altogether.

I'm in Aldergrove with a Viking but am happy to zip back to Manchester/Brum to pick up a 1-11 and try it live.

ATB

ImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

If you remove the extra engine in aircraft.cfg, the model will probably work ok, but the APU will be dead.

Adding an extra engine to the aircraft.cfg is an easy way to implement a properly working APU + Generator in FS. An APU is just an extra engine after all.
I doubt it's a widely used technique, but I thought of doing it & so someone else probably has/will too.
The APU RPM is restricted to idle by XML code, so there is a tiny amount of thrust when the APU is going, but it isn't noticable in FS.

1-11 200, 1-11 400, 1-11 500, Trident 2 are all going to cause trouble if FSAirlines is comparing engine numbers.
I think they are able to check the aircraft type 'BA11', 'TRID' etc. If that matches, they don't need to compare engine numbers.

I think John sorted something out with them about the Trident 3. Think they are all listed as 4 engined now & the status is correct.

DM
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that DM.. much as I expected.

It's an unfortunate coincidence John going on holiday just as the FlyNET/FSA changeover happens and I'm having real trouble keeping my finger on the pulse. Pity they didn't make it a Monday! :roll:

I know John had a fiddle with the T3 but after the airframe dropped, he moved it back to 3 engines again and have no knowledge of anthing that happened in between :dunno: At this point.. I'm still presuming it will cause problems as seen on the 1-11's :think:

Deary me.. Sunday is not a good day either :'(

ATB

ImageImage

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

That'll be the FH-227B daffy-ducked as well then :doho:

As David pointed out surely the atc_id check is sufficient?

cheers

Fraser

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Morning all,

I have just read the thread before getting off to work for the day.

Dave, I will try to test the 1-11 with the engine mods suggested if I manage to get in from work early enough this week, although thanks to a little help from my two new co-pilots (Kitten Paw and Keyboard compatability issues), I still have to get to Rotterdam and back beforehand.

Cheers

Andy
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

RGr that Andy/Fraser :lol:

I've nipped back to EGCC and booked a 1-11 to Aldergrove which I'll do this afternoon. I agree entirely that atc_id should be enough and will throw this at FSA when I get the opportunity ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Just popping in to see what's happening. Yes re T3, when I changed it to 4 engines the a/c staus lost about 15% off each airframe so I put it back to 3 and asked Joe to lock the status, make the move to 4 and then unlock it again which has happened now. My only concern, which hasn't been answered yet, is whether the fourth engine is detected running or not. If not then the client may assume all 4 engines are running and reduce the % quicker. If this problem is more widespread then something needs to be done. A simple check of the ID should suffice. I think FSA are trying to ensure the correct a/c is used and compares the number of engines and the MTOW. Anyone can make a workaround for this by remming out engines, altering MTOW in the cfg, so adding the correct designator to the ATC ID would seem the sensible thing to go for along with the MTOW. I'll go check FSA forum and see if this has been suggested yet by Dave. If it hasn't I'll pop it on.

Regards

John