Tiger Moth V Cow

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Tiger Moth V Cow

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hope the Moth wasn't damaged!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=83b_1226520520

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Tiger Moth V Cow

Post by DaveB »

Well.. I feel sorry for the cow.. b1oody idiots. Was it an emergency landing?? Difficult to tell from that what the hell they were up to :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I thought the golden rule was not to do a turn in an emergency during takeoff unless absolutely unavoidable. Killed a lot of pilots in the past and by the look of it one cow in the present.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

How much of an emergency

He was able to lift off again though it wasn't early of high enough to avoid to poor creature.

I get very distressed by the comments on liveleak where the more pain and sufferring the more entertaining it is

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Agree entirely mate. I see nothing vaguely amusing about a cow being hit by a pair of plonkers in a Tiger Moth. Now, if the cow had sh1t all over the pair of em and walked off, THAT'd have been funny ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

The question is did he strap the cow to the Tiger Moth and fly it home for BBQ?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I don't know what was going on as the engine was still running at the end of the clip, but it certainly looks interesting as it appears he lifted off again to avoid a fence or something and then almost hit a pole after hitting the cow, so I would like to know more on the background of that clip.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Im curious about the damage as well.

A fabric and wood aircraft striking a 500+ pound stationary object? lets see -- if he struck it with the prop it would have broken the prop and at least stopped the engine....If he hit it with the undercarriage it would have probably taken off the
the wheel if it had struck the lower wing.....well lets see its seems that Newtons laws have been suspended for the
the duration of the video -- even given that the pilot managed to get the Tiger airborne and struck the cow with the
skid the aircraft would have pitched nose over. -- I smell something and its not Cowpie.

Leif

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

DispatchDragon wrote:Im curious about the damage as well.

A fabric and wood aircraft striking a 500+ pound stationary object? lets see -- if he struck it with the prop it would have broken the prop and at least stopped the engine....If he hit it with the undercarriage it would have probably taken off the
the wheel if it had struck the lower wing.....well lets see its seems that Newtons laws have been suspended for the
the duration of the video -- even given that the pilot managed to get the Tiger airborne and struck the cow with the
skid the aircraft would have pitched nose over. -- I smell something and its not Cowpie.

Leif
He probably just clipped it as in the following:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WrDFNz0d1B0

Prop Jockey
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Prop Jockey »

I smell something and its not Cowpie.
Either I've had another personal hygiene incident or I can smell the same Leif :D

If you crank the volume up the accents are British (including the R/T of another departing aircraft) - so perhaps it happened in the UK. I'm sure the provenance will come to light. If its genuine it should have been reported to the AAIB and so should be in one of their bulletins. If it wasn't reported then it would be a bit daft to post it on the internet. But that's if it is genuine............... ;-)

Cheers

Rich