Getting your back up!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airbee
Meteor
Meteor

Getting your back up!

Post by airbee »

Ooh!
What happened here - he surely couldnt have meant it could he?

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc78 ... Ticket.flv

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Getting your back up!

Post by Garry Russell »

Oh dear! :doho:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

:lol:

I was expecting him to reverse into the car but not like that! :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

He obviously didn't like being caught speeding!!

Find it funny how through all of it the police officer remains totally calm!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have a complete mind fart after they have been spoken to by the Police. Often its because their mind is so distracted or the adrenlin is pumping. Its common to see someone commit the same offence for which they have just been stopped or just pull out into the path of some poor bugger. :roll:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Therefore.. I think it's probably best if the Police remain OFF our roads.. in the interest of public safety you understand :worried:

BTW.. can't remember if I've mentioned this before but the week before last, I noticed one of those shoddy speeding camera vans.. you know, the ones with little blacked out windows in the side and back.. sitting on a road just outside Weybridge. On the side of said van was the wording.. Casualty Reduction Unit. WTF is THAT all about :lol: There must be an office somewhere (or more likely, offices somewhere.. like in Brussels which is full of noncoms with no grasp of reality) where civil servants sit and think up new names for things to justify a budget. Money well spent I'd say :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Although (I assume) you jest Dave, the traffic enforcement side of Policing is slowly but surely being dominated by civilians and/or highways agency traffic officers. This enables the Police to continue with more pressing and serious incidents.

The enforcement civilians don't make friends in a hurry, but they are in a no win situation.

People complain if they see an enforcement vehicle but then complain the government isn't doing enough if someone gets killed in a smash in a frequent accident location. :brick:

The revenue/income of fixed penaltys and 'persecution' of motorists debate has gone on for years. :dunno:

My advice: keep your foot off the Axminster
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

If it wasn't so serious, I would be asking my usual "Why do they keep letting all these other people on the road when I want to use it?"
Really, if you get caught speeding it is your own stupid fault. I keep a good lookout, think like the enemy, and beware the hun in the sun, and they haven't caught me - not that I spend every second of my time at the wheel providing opportunities for them, either.
I remember one incident from NSW. It was Easter weekend, and a driver was stopped about 10km short of the Hume Highway and booked for doing 90kmh in a 70kmh area. He went on his way and 140km down the Hume, which was all dual carriageway in that section, lost control while overtaking and had a single vehicle accident. He killed both his parents, and crippled his 6-mths pregnant wife, who lost the baby. He escaped with minor injuries. This guy was in his early forties. This accident was reported to police just one hour and a few minutes after the time recorded for the earlier speeding offence. Anything that gets rid of these people is justified. I want to see my grandkids live to a ripe old age.

Mind how you go....
MikeW

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I wholeheartedly support speed cameras, I view them as a form of idiot tax. If you insist on speeding, you'll get clocked. If you don't speed, you have nothing to worry about. Problem solved.

markw
Comet
Comet

Post by markw »

Chris H wrote:I wholeheartedly support speed cameras, I view them as a form of idiot tax. If you insist on speeding, you'll get clocked. If you don't speed, you have nothing to worry about. Problem solved.
My thoughts exactly. It hacks me off to hear that deadhead Clarkson and his moronic accolytes wittering on about speed cameras as "a tax on motorists". No they're not, they are a device for detecting criminals who break the speed limit. If you don't want the fine, don't speed, a speed limit is a LIMIT not a TARGET. In a previous job I had to liase with the guys responsible for getting Traffic Regulation orders and speed limits applied and I simply could not believe the hurdles that had to be jumped to get a speed limit applied, and given the expense and time it takes to get official permission to implement a speed limit, including getting permission from the regional Government Office, they could only be put in where fully justified. Often it looks like speed limits have been plonked down randomly on roads that have good alignments, and I've often heard others say "Ooh, that road has too low a speed limit, it can take faster traffic" but in such cases you never know what hazards there may be alongside the road which have nothing to do with the road alignment but which merit a speed limt.

The other point I always make is that the car isn't the natural way of getting around, it's only been around for just over 100 years, so why the hell should pedestrians (and everyone has to be a pedestrian at some time, you can't drive into your lounge or office although Clarkson probably has tried) be put at risk, forced to use specified crossing points or subways, and generally inconvenienced just so some lead-footed petrolheads can enjoy their "right" to drive beyond the capability of the Mk1 human brain and eyes, which haven't kept pace with automotive technological developments?

I'd personally have digital Gatsos along every road, camouflaged and at random distances, all linked to a supercomputer that would automatically issue a ticket for anyone travelling 5mph above the limit, and with an automatic and lifetime ban if you get more than three tickets, with the only rights of appeal being proven faulty equipment or matters of life and death. Also, if you appeal knowing you were breaking the speed limit but the camera wasn't faulty and you were knowingly trying it on, you'd get a double ticket. In that way the traffic police can freed up to concentrate on doing other things like tracking drunk, drugged or careless drivers which no technology can detect.

Probably a good job I never applied to become a magistrate...