Sycamore Snippets...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Sycamore Snippets...

Post by petermcleland »

I don't think there will be many takers for this...Don't bother unless you have a fast connection.

It is a good resolution, zipped up, MP4 Video that runs for 16 minutes...However, it takes me 19 minutes to download it (my connection is not very fast). You can run it from the WinZip window:-

http://www.petermcleland.com/video/Sycamore.zip

Don't forget to throw it away when you have finished with it as it is a big file :flying:

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Sycamore Snippets...

Post by Techy111 »

4 minutes for me Peter...looking now.... :thumbsup:

Tony

Edit.......Presidential visit at Mcleland field Peter....... :)
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Cracking vid of a cracking model, thanks for sharing :)

Didn't take me long to download at 1200kbps :D
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Crikey! I'm envious of your download speeds chaps :roll:

BTW I forgot to mention that my old friend "Heli" was flying the Sycamore...I've improved on my helicopter flying greatly since watching him but I'm not that good.

Yes, the President sometimes (when I select it from my desktop) visits on a Thursday when all the F-16 chaps are on an R&R day here. Air Force Two comes in about an hour ahead of him (it is parked over on the left of that apron as the Sycamore lands). Air Force Two carries the President's entire armoured motor cavalcade. Then you saw the Air Force One arrival. They stay the night and depart on Friday morning.

You also might have noticed "Echo" doing a touch and go as well as some boat activity :worried:

You get 12 out of 10 if you actually spotted the "Leaping Great White shark" :lol:

Thanks for watching...I made it initially in WMV format but the file was twice as big so I did it again in MP4 :flying:

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Peter

I got about 500 kbs download too.

great video and it shows that i have made the flight model without all the usual FS helicpter problems as it flies as well backwards as forwards
and it very agile but still stable.

Model is still in progress but halted as i am waiting for the helicopter museum to finish the restoration so i can see a complete interior as all other museum examples are stripped bare internally.

Currently the model is full FSX but i have enough done that it can probably also be done as FS9 (but that might change)

Thanks Peter

Regards
Rick

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

What do I need to play MP4s on my PC? I've Windows Media Player 11 running on Vista Home Premium, which isn't interested :-( I don't really understand codecs but a quick search only found codecs for XP. I don't want to miss out on one of Peter's videos!

BTW, Peter, did you see this post a few weeks back about the BT I-plate? http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/vie ... 32&t=15275. It doubled my download speed from 1.85Mbps to 3.7Mbps for a tenner. It's not great, but it's twice as good as I had before. Took me 10 mins to download your video zip.

Ian :)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Ian, I use something called "interVideo WinDVD Silver" and I've a feeling that it came free with something...Probably my "Ulead Videostudio 11.5 plus" which is by Corel. I don't know what the best freeware for MP4 files is...Perhaps others here will know...Jonesey?

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

It opened in my Nero dvd burning software player but I'm sure there are freely available codecs available in order to playback MP4's in WMP.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just download and install the mega codec pack and you will be able to play pretty much everything in media player!!! :dancer:

http://codecguide.com/download_mega.htm
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Thanks, Ben. I downloaded the codec pack and was just puzzling about which bits to install when cyberbrat wandered in and said why don't you try this ...

He just renamed the file from SycamoreSnippets.mp4 to SycamoreSnippets.avi and Media Player played it straight away :dunno:

And they say that education isn't what it used to be!

Ian :lol:

BTW - great video, Peter. Fascinating to see McLeland Field in action again and the Sycamore looks terrific.