PMDG MD-11

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Viper
Meteor
Meteor

PMDG MD-11

Post by Viper »

Hi...

PMDG released the FS9 MD-11 but man... what a pricetag!!!
FS2004 (FS9) Version: Available Now $79.99. FSX/FS2004 COMBO: Available Now $119.99
Don't they know there's a financial crisis going on?
In my honest opinion, these prices force people to download illegal copies!!!
I won't download illegal stuff so I won't fly the MD-11, I'm not going to pay these prices!

Grtz.
tonka
Johan "VIPER" Lemmers
the Netherlands

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Re: PMDG MD-11

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

I buy and fly a lot of payware aircraft (and some pretty decent freeware stuff too).

But Im the same with PMDG stuff, it looks nice but they outprice themselves out of a sale for me, I'd rather fly the Level D 767 (Which is much cheaper) and other quality payware aircraft at nearly half that price. I bought the PMDG Beech 1900D once, and flew it twice, there are much better aircraft choices out there for a much better deal.

I still think at the cheaper price range commericial level simulations do good aircraft, their DC-10 looks much better that the MD-11 and its less than half the price!

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

I think at half the price it would still be a bit dear... unless your an MD11 nut or fly one for real in which case you probably can afford it ;-)
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

the whole thing is getting out of balance. In my opinion

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I've been waiting for this one............and at that price I'm going to continue waiting :roll:

Level D has similar functionality at a lower price, and is IMHO the top end of the payware market (~$50) in that most people can justify the price for the quality of the product. Beyond that price range anything new has to bring something absolutely special to the table to justify the cost. I don't see anything here to justify a premium of 50% over the Level D.

OTOH I've also started to appreciate CLS and their products. They are not perfect in many respects, but for the $15 I paid for their A310 I'm quite happy to put in a bit of work to get things the way I want (Simon Toppman or SSW panel, contact point mods) and their visual models are very good. I've been holding off their DC-10 to see what PMDG could do with the MD-11, but the price has made the choice for me.

Add to that the ever increasing standard of freeware and I simply can't justify spending $80 on a single aircraft.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I would definitly always choose a DC10 over a MD11 ... never really liked the Glass cockpit. ...

I'm all for dials, knobs, bells and whistles... have enough of computer screens to look upon at work!
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Ditto on that Dan. :)

There's something about the DC-10 that gives it so much more character than its more modern LCD screen'd grandson.
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

gavinbarbara
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by gavinbarbara »

Just from my personal point of view I'm very happy with the MD-11 for FS9. I really like this a/c type anyway, so the price tag, high I agree, was less of a factor.

I used a special tactic for the $80 issue. I missed one Friday pub session, worked a couple of extra hours in one week and made sarnies for that week instead of just buying them - $80 easily achieved.

I do, however, fully understand and respect why anyone wouldn't want to pay that much or, indeed, is completely uninterested in the a/c type. I, on the other hand, am getting a great deal of fun from this aircraft. Each to his own and no bad feelings to anyone :)
Gavin

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Personally anyone who pays that sort of cash for a glass cockpit aircraft (where most of the systems are comon across several types) needs their head examined incase they've had a fall and bumped it :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

How much?!??!?! :fart:

John
never give up, never surrender