208 Squadron around Edinburgh...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

208 Squadron around Edinburgh...

Post by petermcleland »

Here are a few shots of four 208 Squadron Hunters operating around Edinburgh:-

The rest of the shots can be seen by clicking this address:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

Thanks for looking :flying:

jab
Concorde
Concorde

Re: 208 Squadron around Edinburgh...

Post by jab »

Great shots there Peter :tab: Did you fly with 208 sqn in you RAF days?

James
RIP Steve Irwin :'( You was the best there ever was.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes I did James...The Hunter in my signature banner is "Echo" my 208 Squadron Hunter:-

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

:flying:
Cracking stuff.

I wonder how often Peter overflew me in the 70s and 80s on Trident flights into and out of Edinburgh? This gives me material for a screenie session!
Jim

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

forthbridge wrote:I wonder how often Peter overflew me in the 70s and 80s on Trident flights into and out of Edinburgh? This gives me material for a screenie session!
Very often Jim...And even more often in the 60s and 70s on the Vanguards :flying:

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

:flying:

I'll need to look into a classic AI package for EGPH. I quite fancy sitting in the car park at Ingliston and watching a few Tridents and 1-11s throttling up :dancer:

I shudder to think what the framerates would be like tho :lol:
Jim

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

forthbridge wrote:I'll need to look into a classic AI package for EGPH. I quite fancy sitting in the car park at Ingliston and watching a few Tridents and 1-11s throttling up :dancer:
I shudder to think what the framerates would be like tho :lol:
Shouldn't be too bad if you use DM's batch file converter to reduce his models for AI use, Jim. As you know, I'm running a lot of 1975-80 retro AI at Manchester so I expect a lot of the aircraft are the same. It runs very smoothly.

I never went to EGPH - what else flew in during the 70s and 80s? I might have some of them on my hard drive and may be able to put a package together for you if you tell me what you want to see.

Ian :)

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

Hi Ian..

(I'm using EGPH Extreme) - thanks for the offer, although TBH, apart from Dublin and Amsterdam, Edinburgh was purely a domestic airport, with the exception of Charters and summer specials - so apart from seeing Concorde - and curiously an Aer Lingus 747 a few times, it was all (or seemed to be) 1-11s and Tridents - I''ve seen a few oddities (Short Belfast, L10-11, DC10) - VC10s were a little more common.

Not sure what the regional flights entailed, prop-wise, I'm afraid. I well remember seeing the classic 737s and the odd larger aircraft, but it literally appeared to be Tridents or 1-11s every time you looked up. By the time it started getting a little busier in the mid 80s, and the 146 came along with some larger A/C on domestics, other things got in the way of my aerial spotting!
Jim

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Jim - not sure if you really want some retro AI at Edinburgh or whether it was just idle fantasising! If you do, let me know because I've picked up a lot of experience (from Peter!) in putting together my packages for Kai Tak, DM's '75 MAN and Bermuda. I've got a lot of the aircraft and liveries already. So I could quite easily put a package together for you with the aircraft you'd like to see and I could pop it all on to disk for you.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll tell you more. This is a shot of my Manchester on a Friday morning when the long-range diversions come in due to fog at LHR!

Ian ;-)

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

HI Ian

Idle fantasy for the time being ;-) - I'd like to actually have a little tinker with AI myself at some point, but I'll know where to come when I inevitably get it wrong! :lol:
Cheers :thumbsup: !
Jim