AlphaSim FSX Canberra now available!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

AlphaSim FSX Canberra now available!

Post by Tweek »

Just spotted this over at AS:
MAY 21st

Full FSX conversion of the EE Canberra now available ! The model package is now 100% compatible with FSX SP1/SP2/Acceleration and features self-shadowing with subtle bump mapping and reflectivity. New pilot figures have been added and are now togglable. Sounds are now inlcuded and the smoke trail is now fully automatic. Existing owners of the Canberra just need to log in to their account area and they can download the new FSX version. Pre- Jan '06 purchasers should send us an e-mail with either an order No. or the e-mail address used at the time of purchase, or street address. We will then forward a link to the Canberra download area.
http://www.alphasim.co.uk/

Tempting!

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: AlphaSim FSX Canberra now available!

Post by DaveB »

Tempting!
I WISH! :lol:

I've not bought anything for flightsim for so long now that I can't remember how to :worried:

EDIT..
I've just had a look at those screenies. Hen's teeth!! Look at the state of the bonedomes and visors on those pilots :brick: Y'know.. I bought Rick the plans for the Canberra years ago. We even met up at Hendon and I took loads of shots of theirs! I still have some of the pubs I bought for the project here. If only hey.. if only..

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

E-mailed my ye olde order number to Phil via the contact form, waiting for a response. I was treated to a beta of this many moons ago now and I was beginning to wonder if it would ever see the light of day, I'd imagine Dano had an awful lot to do with this one getting released. :welldone:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Good luck with it Chris. You jumped in there while I was editing my last post :)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

I must say, I saw some screenshots posted a few weeks back of this very model (on SOH I think), and it looked far better than in these official shots. I'll have to dig them out, but I don't know how they've managed to make it look so crappy on the AS site.

fsafranek
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by fsafranek »

Tweek wrote:I must say, I saw some screenshots posted a few weeks back of this very model (on SOH I think), and it looked far better than in these official shots.
I think what you saw may have been some repaints by HenryW. These perhaps?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... hp?t=15800
Frank Safranek (Alphasim Paint Crew)
Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
http://www.mirage4fs.com/

JimCooper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by JimCooper »

Tweek wrote: I don't know how they've managed to make it look so crappy on the AS site.
They should have turned up the Anti-Aliasing!!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Hmmm, I wonder what happened to the B.2 and B.6 models with no tip-tanks?

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Ohh dear, promo shots never were an AS strong point, you'd think for one or two screenies you'd ramp up the AA and Autogen, might fly like treacle but it'd look a whole lot better.

Only Canberra that interested me (FS model wise) was the PR9, kinda liked the offset tub idea, ala Sea Vixen.

HenryW's textures and screen shots are a million times better at SoH.

Best

Michael

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I'm really glad this was converted into FSX. I mean when you look at the VC it's obvious that it's just a update with no added bells and whistles but to be honest you won't hear me complaining.

There's a paint kit included so with a bit of TLC it would be easy to knock up some really impressive textures with custom weathering, new rivets and suchlike. Knock up some custom specular and bump maps and it would certainly begin to really shine.

I suppose if we were really keen it would be easy enough to knock up some higher res VC textures and even replace the gauges since the VC is of the older type.

One can't help but think Alphasim is missing a trick, upon flying it for the first time I was reminded of why I loved Alphasim so much; good looking models with nice clean textures that were lacking in advanced systems modelling but were cheap as chips. How nostalgic. :thumbsup: