AlphaSim FSX Victor now available!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

AlphaSim FSX Victor now available!

Post by Tweek »

They're churning out the FSX conversions now..
MAY 24th

Full FSX conversion of the HP Victor now available ! The model package is now 100% compatible with FSX SP1/SP2/Acceleration and features self-shadowing with subtle bump mapping and reflectivity, as well as all-new detailed and weathered textures for the K.2 models, the later K.2 version now has the famous Gulf War desert scheme. The gauges are now all-xml, new radios/autopilot popups are accessible via simicons on the panel, gauges are back-lit, the 2D panel had been dropped. Pilot figures are now togglable and a new animated crew access ladder is inlcuded. Sounds are inlcuded and the smoke trail is now fully automatic. The new radios/AP and sounds are also included in the FS9 version now. Existing owners of the Victor just need to log in to their account area and they can download the new FSX version or the updated FS9 version. Pre- Jan '06 purchasers should send us an e-mail with either an order No. or the e-mail address used at the time of purchase, or street address. We will then forward a link to the Victor download area.
http://www.alphasim.co.uk

The shots on the site don't look overly impressive (just a few shadows on top of the base FS9 model), but certainly worth picking up if you're already an owner of their Victor. Saying that, the Canberra shots on the site look absolutely pants, yet it looks pretty nice in everybody else's shots, so who knows what the Victor actually looks like. :roll: :lol:

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Re: AlphaSim FSX Victor now available!

Post by spatialpro »

Tweek wrote:They're churning out the FSX conversions now..
And long may they continue. Next on my list would be the Sea King and the Lynx (although I imagine Lynx7 must still be a busy chap). I should think the Lightning and TSR-2 would be up there on most people's lists!

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Fair play to AS... free to people who purchased the FS9 models, you can't say fairer than that, and I absolutely love the Victor! :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Airtrooper wrote:
And long may they continue. Next on my list would be the Sea King and the Lynx (although I imagine Lynx7 must still be a busy chap). I should think the Lightning and TSR-2 would be up there on most people's lists!

Andy
Lightning and TSR.2 most definitely!

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Sorry to dissapoint, no chance on the Seaking, the're my source files and thats the way its going to stay in the current climate, a new Seaking model from the ground up is a more attractive proposition for me to be honest (the HH-3E is partially done externally), so safe to say Alphasim will not be converting the Seaking to FSx, besides, in all fairness the mesh is getting rather long in the tooth now.

Theres also a new Lynx Mk8 coming along nicely but currently stored due to incorrect interest bubble being in vogue :).

Best

Michael
Airtrooper wrote:

Andy

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Michael davies wrote:Sorry to dissapoint, no chance on the Seaking
Ah well. 'Tis a shame, I gotta say. Your FS9 model was (and is) superb. I've spent many happy hours flying it, and just listening to it! The sound reminds me of many happy hours at HMS Seahawk many years ago.

If ever there was a time to release an FSX native Sea King model, this is it, at least from a UK perspective. 40 yrs of RN service, plus its the FAA Centenary... what more could a developer ask for?!

cheers

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

Anyone else having a problem getting a reply to emails? I've emailed twice now since Saturday, requesting the FsX download details with my Fs8/9 order details and no reply. I have the correct address as per the site contact address as far as I know.

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

Got it now thanks to a timely pm :welldone:

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Any chance of a VC shot Roger...?

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

Sure,
This is a dawn shot showing the back-lit gauges.