Address to Parliament

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Address to Parliament

Post by speedbird591 »

... by Oliver Cromwell on the dissolution of the Long Parliament, 20 April 1653:-

“It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a fractious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money. Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth? Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone!
So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. In the name of God, go!”

No further comment!

Ian :-(

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Address to Parliament

Post by simondix »

Tory MP Julie Kirkbride says she understands why people are angry with her but says she hopes to stand again at the next general election.

Ho,ho ho!
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:@ ...Politics........a never ending debate. :-#

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

:think: I don't need a photoshoot but could use some home repairs and maybe a maid service and a new computer - how do I become an MP? ;-)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Things don't change do they. As one columnist reported a few days ago.. they're only sorry because they've been caught. It's all well and good NOW saying that the system has to be changed. I vote for martial law myself :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

In my view

All MPs that have stolen any money should be instantly sacked and banned from ever being standing again.

They are knowingly milking the system for every penny they can get.

If i did the same i would be Jailed for years.

about time they where all sacked as none of them are doing their job and the rest where not voted in

Rick :brick:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vote for me matey and I promise no second homes.. no horse manure.. no toilet seats.. no furniture.. no extra TV's and definately, NO DUCK HOUSE :lol: I'm certain the electorate wouldn't mind the odd purchase of a 'Classic' airframe to adorn my garden and they'd all be in my constituency :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Dave B for Lord Protector! Image

Ian Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

It would be interesting to see if an independent anti-corruption caqndidate stood in each constituency, how many would get in. However I think we all have short memories. A certain MP got caught taking backhanders and is now a media star. We don't learn.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

At the forthcoming elections in June I shall go to the polls and simply write on my voting paper "NO CONFIDENCE". I hope that many others spoil their voting paper...I think it is a better way to express ones feelings than just not voting :think: