Classic Brit AI and static aircraft......

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Classic Brit AI and static aircraft......

Post by Trev Clark »

My new hobby of re-creating some old RAF airfields in FSX is taking a bit longer to learn than I hoped, but it was never going to be a quick job!

As part of the scheme, I would like to include some 1950's RAF AI traffic and a few parked aircraft. Recently, I have found a scenery object Meteor F Mk8 which fits the bill for a parked object, but has anyone seen (or converted from FS aircraft) any more? There are loads of F16s, but very few old RAF types available. I am also asuming that I could use FS9 models as AI in FSX, but only jets, as the prop issue will look odd. Thinking about it, has anyone tried putting FS9 models in FSX for AI at all?
ATB Trev

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Classic Brit AI and static aircraft......

Post by ukmil »

we have used a few Fs9 AI aircraft in FSX with no problems ,other than the PROP issue. if there is anything desparate you need making in true FSX format, as far as AI model is concerend, we could knock them up, as AI models are very quick to make :thumbsup:

Ben_Brook
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ben_Brook »

Hi

As an FSX only user I tend not to use AI at all due to the frame rate loss and the fear of becoming a virtual plane spotter.
I populate my airfields with statics of the type and era for each site. Consequently i don't have many statics....
It would be nice if makers could include a static model with each flying model produced. I don't have a clue if this is easy to do but i need some static Lightnings if poss.... 8)

Bye for now

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

a really low poly AI aircraft would have same frame rate hit as a static.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Better than a static really DC as you can make em leggit when you don't want to see em :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

indeed

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Having dabbled in aircraft development in FSDS3, the term 'knock up quickly' is beyond my comprehension!! :doh:

If it is possible to make something for this job, I think something like an AI (or static, in object library or .bgl form) EE Canberra would be a real boon to anyone building old RAF airfields, in aluminium finish, they could be seen (or visiting) at pretty much any base both at home and overseas from the 50s through to the 90s and not look out of place! It would be a little like 'hoisting' the RAF Ensign up the flagpole, and make it well and truly British!
ATB Trev

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

an AI canberra can be done very easily. Prob best is FS9 guise so it can be used in both sims. watch this space :thumbsup:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Cheers, Gaffer, no props to worry about either :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ATB Trev

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

ok, here is a low poly Pr9. this will be the close up look, lower LODS will have much less detail.