FSX Concorde in the works...?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

FSX Concorde in the works...?

Post by Techy111 »

HU for anyone interested...? http://www.flightsimlabs.com/Aircraft/C ... tures.aspx

Could be a worthy addon for the FSX fans here.... :thumbsup:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FSX Concorde in the works...?

Post by DaveB »

WOW.. thanks Tony :lol:

Which reminds me.. someone posted a link recently to a Concorde that non-pilots and folk with day jobs can fly without a months PJT. Must try and find it :D

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

A good Concorde with great sounds and interactive crew would be good.
So like Dave says, a Concorde without having to spend days understanding all the in's and outs.
Would be great if you could have a learning mode where the co-pilot, crew prompt you to do things.
So, during take off they would do the callouts, then prompt you to do things like raise nose, slow down, speed up etc.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Someone who could manage the CoG is all I want leaving me to do the speeding :lol: Having models that replicate real life is great for those that have the time and inclination to do the reading. However, many will not buy a model like this because they want something rather more basic. Why developers can't either find a happy medium or include 2 modes.. idle git and anorak is beyond me 8)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one Dave, 2 things that would let me down with anything like this is firstly, my attention span towards reading and digesting manuals is near to zero as you can get and secondly, anything that requires too much effort or time in getting up to the engine start sequence means less hours available for flying especially when the wife has a few jobbies that need seeing to, won't be a minute or two is one thing but try saying won't be more than a couple of hours to her is another!! :worried:

Have to say that is one bootiful a/c.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

This is another aircarft that will not work well in MSFS!
You need three (very busy) people to fly the aircraft in real life, unless they have several levels of artificial assistance built into this FS version, a one armed paperhanger could not take advantage of half the details they offer.
ATB Trev

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

There's no such thing as a happy medium Dave... they can see into the future!

Regards,
Chris

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Fodda »

The old PSS Concorde for FS9 was (is) a great aeroplane. I managed to get it to cross the Atlantic a few times. And it came with a virtual FE who managed all the fuel and CoG requirements throughout the flight if you couldn't face it yourself. There's a great tutorial flight which teaches you everything you need to know to get across the Atlantic, and I thoroughly enjoyed using it when I was running FS9. I learned enough after two flights using the tutorial that I was able to plan and fly my own routes.

Unfortunately I think PSS have shut down so it may be difficult to source, although I have some recollection that the JF Concorde Pro pack is that self same wonderful PSS jobbie.

Oh yes, there was a CoG problem that kicked in about half way through the tutorial that I figured out how to fix. I posted it in the avsim forums in the PSS Concorde forum. Just search Fodda. Basically the virtual FE doesn't close two fuel cocks, so once you're about an hour into the cruise, just check that (memory is bad here) two tanks are empty and then close their crossflow cocks. That's all it was.

I heartlily recommend the PSS Concorde and I'm sore tempted to reinstall FS9 purely to be able to fly it again (wonderful VC).

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I found the PSS difficult to fly and I use to lose the RH off the Strboard engines just after takeoff.

I never found the model very convincing, something just not quite right :(

This one looks very good although I have difficulty in taking anyone who paints it in their house coulours seriously :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Post by Tomb »

the essence of flying concorde is the fuel and CofG mangement, amoung other things perhaps is not concorde you want to fly but but something that goes mach two. quite a bit of freeware that looks like a concorde, but does it operate like concorde...i would argue not.

i see from the last two issues of PC pilot the actual Concorde simulator has been scrapped and just the cockpit shell remains..damm shame, very very few aircraft simulators survive intact and into a museum and i would have thought the condorde simulator would have been pretty damm unique and worth a save