Cycling.. the Powered way!;)

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Cycling.. the Powered way!;)

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

There have been rather a lot of 'cycling' posts of late which has prompted me to show you my latest acquisition :D

Just got back from an hour long test ride and was impressed enough to buy it on completion. It will be in my sticky mits this time next week ;)

Two words can describe the exhaust can noise.. naughty, which sums up the sound it makes but a better one is EVIL :rock: It's supposed to be street legal but I reckon this is with the engine on tickover only :lol: I noticed the look of terror on drivers faces as I went past which gives one a nice, warm feeling :lol: Fortunately, the chap who chopped the bike in gave them the original and they're passing it on to me should I feel the need to be less anti-social :D

Chuffed to bits with the whole caboodle. Not a mark on the bike (it's 2006 on an 06 plate) and it's only done 13.8k (well.. it has now as around 50 of em are mine) so should keep me young for a few years longer ;) I'll be sad to see the ZX9R go (when I eventually sell it as it's not part of the deal) as we've had 9 very happy years together. That said.. it felt like a bag of sh1te compared to the Triumph which is not surprising seeing it's done just short of 40k :D

Right.. I'll be wishing the days away from now until next Wed. Christmas has come early (again.. what with a new pc too albeit by accident) ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Cycling.. the Powered way!;)

Post by VEGAS »

Stunning looking bike mate. I really think in that colour it looks the mutts nuts.

Although you do realise having an engine is cheating don't you? :agree: :lol: :lol:

Take care out there.
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Very impressive Dave :)

Have you got a bell on it?? 8)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Garry Russell wrote:Very impressive Dave :)
Have you got a bell on it?? 8)
:lol: I think you could even out run Eddie with that machine, Dave. ;) Very nice!

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have I got a bell on it.. well, no.. I don't think so. I hope there's a horn but I spent too much time looking where I was going while keeping an eye on the digital speedo (I've finally gone glass cockpit!) to notice :lol: It's surprising just how fast 60 minutes goes when you're having fun ;) Were it not for me looking completely ridiculous (middle aged spread and all) on Eddies pushbike (though pushbike is hardly a term to call that piece of art), I'd be more than happy to be seen on it. I love things with great form and our Eddies bike has that in bucket loads :thumbsup:

SWMBO asked what colour it was and I said they do/did them in yellow, black, red or blue and she said.. You're not bringing a yellow bike here! :lol: No.. said I.. I'm having a black one. I like black even though it shows the dirt too easy and loved the ZX9 in black. My leathers are black, my lid is black and my textiles are also black which just about sums my general state of mind :lol:

The exhaust is a real peach though it has to be said, can probably be heard some way off with the engine on full chat. SWMBO heard me coming down the road and wondered what the hell it was :lol: A downside is that those fine chaps manning the thin blue line have equally astute hearing so I can see myself swapping it for the standard can. As it is, I've not yet heard the engine.. all you can hear is the noise akin to having a Sopwith Camel sat right behind you :D

It'll be nice in my latter years to be 'Flying the flag' and there's little more British than Triumph. I'd toyed with the idea of going for a Thruxton but having read up on it, decided I wasn't quite ready to roll over and become a pedestrian (Eddie would probably.. has probably overtaken many a Thruxton on his space bike!) :lol: BTW.. if anyone has a few bob for a chain and sprocket kit and new front brake calipers.. the ZX9 is available to a good home. Tires are in good nick.. it's taxed to 06/10 and has at least 6months left on the MOT ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Excellent :)

About time you did something for you......I can though see a serious problem :worried:

How are you going to maintain you miserable old git status when having such fun or do you want to apply for a career break?? *-)

Could be difficult :worried:

Garry
Garry

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Aaahhh, looks like you finally got rid of your 406... *-) ;)

Fantastic machine!!!

Cheers,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can still be grumpy while inflicting untold pain on the eardrums of our local hoy-palloy (if that's how you spell it) but of course, there will be an element of enjoyment involved :D Yes.. I can see a possible conflict there :lol: No, a rethink.. I'll probably only ride it on my day off and I'm not usually grumpy on a Wednesday.. I leave that for the other 6 days of the week :D

No Nick.. the 406 still sits outside :thumbsup: I honestly thought I'd not be allowed to get a new bike without changing the car first but it WAS SWMBO's suggestion and who am I to argue with the Commander in Chief ;)

Here are a handful more shots.. like the one above, not taken by me but shamelessly borrowed off the dealers site. Now the bike is 'almost' mine.. I don't think they'll mind ;)

I've even taken the dog for a walk today (a proper one) so now I'm in good boy mode. I need SWMBO to take me the 18.7miles to pick the bike up next week :lol: Oh.. and the salesman in the shop has his name down to fly in the Grace Spitfire. There's either a 5 or 6 year waiting list (gadzooks!) to spend £1800 for 20mins (though you do get a little stick time too)! One more thing to add to the list of 'Things to do before you die' :D

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol:

Does it not make you think that owning a 2 seat Spitfire is better than running a Pub?? :lol:

Garry
Garry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes Garry.. yes it does :lol: When I win the next £45m Euro lottery (or the whole £90m.. I'm not fussed).. I'll BUY the Grace Spitfire but.. I'll still keep the pub lease. You can take the biker out of the pub but you'll never take the pub out of the biker :party: ;) I'd sell the b1oody 406 too! :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage