Naval Escapades!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Naval Escapades!

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Night Ops!

This carrier lark is a bit addictive!

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Can you fit her with a transponder mate
I'm part way to emulating a transponder/tacan/radar facility. At the moment though it's a scrappy stand alone program that just gives a text output of where all the ships are, I still have to integrate that into FSX neatly, although at least I know all the hard maths works!
I may release what I've got so far when I deploy in February, but I'd like to make it at least slightly user friendly before I do, as opposed to the positively user offensive level it's at now!

Dog, gutsiest move I ever saw! I've only ever landed the Wyvern in daylight!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Skip :hello:

Rgr that amigo ;) I'm still fiddling with FSC and have even resorted to the help section :worried: It has the ability to display ground traffic but I gather this has to be turned on in FSUIPC.. something I've not had time to check thus far. It is limited in range so an idea of the AI track is required if, as in my case, I wish to leave Ark for any length of time. Still.. whether it will work with 'Boats' remains to be seen. I tried adding aircraft-type data to the sim.cfg and that didn't work and changing the sim type to aircraft made the old girl disappear. Not quite the Philadelphia Experiment but you get the idea :lol:

Anyway.. looking forward to the Tacan mod however rudimentary it may turn out ;)

A milestone for me today DTR2.. I managed to get the Iris Phantom onboard :D

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Dogtail did you try the Hellcat tailhook setting and since you are using the Wyvern in screenies have you tried that too, does it work ?

Has anyone tried them, please let me know if you have otherwise there is no point in posting anymore.
Rich

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

I've made the changes to the Hellcat but not made a successfull trap yet.
The Wyvern is a cheat. I was trying night traps with the Hellcat, landed a bit heavy. While lying there on it's belly I changed aircraft to the Wyvern :-)
I then launched the Wyvern and tried some night traps with that. Bolted into the drink! :lol:

BTW The Bristol Sycamore has a very strange problem. The cockpit reflections are so strong that when flying over water in strong sun you get a weird sensation of flying backwards, or downwards. Rearly weird. Like a kind of watery white out and disorientation. Flies nicely though.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Any reason for not trapping ie pilot error or trapped and tipped on the nose ?
Rich

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

This was more a case of too eager, too fast, too high and "it will go on the deck!".
I'll try some more proper traps in the Hellcat and the Wyvern today and tell you how I get on.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Yes, the hellcat nose over is removed with the tailhook tweak. It responds more like those old war movies. Slight horizontal when catching the wire then back on the tail.

Slightly high on this photo approach :-) (try pausing, taking snaps and then landing again!)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

This is more my thing..

I like seeing the Wyvern flying but am not that struck on flying it I'm afraid. Anything I can't see out of doesn't work for me :( The Sea Vixen.. I can see out of just fine :D

BTW Skip.. I couldn't get FSC to show the Ark no matter what I tried. It probably shows ground AI aircraft (not tried) but that's as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

Silly question Dave, but is the 'modded' Hermes available for FS9 anywhere?

I'll get my coat ;)

Kind regards

John
never give up, never surrender