It's that time of year again...XH558

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

It's that time of year again...XH558

Post by Sl4yer »

Once again, the operators of the Vulcan are out of money, and staff have been given their notice. I know the operation and funding divides opinion, but here is the latest plea for people to sign 558's 50th Birthday card, and of course donate if possible.

James

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: It's that time of year again...XH558

Post by Nigel H-J »

Been quite a few unfavourable comments in our local Lincolnshire Blog regarding how much they need to keep the Vulcan flying when it only managed to fly at Waddington once out of a possible 4 appearances it could have made.

Although I enjoy the Vulcan immensly having been stationed at Scampton when they were operational I am now beginning to think whether or not it is time to put her to bed!!

Before you all string me up by the unmentionables remember, we are just recovering from a recession, people do not neccessarily have the money to donate, I think it is about time that the 'Vulcan to the Sky' team started talking to multi-national companies to see if they can help, you know the ones, those who post excessive profits gained from the motorists and also energy users (us again) etc. Sure they would not miss a few quid here and there.

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

My view is there are far too many saleried people on what was supposed to be a Voulenteer staffed venture

I have still not seen it in flight including 4 Duxford shows where it didn't turn up even though it was listed (not gone tech either but weather allegedly or other appointments!)

it's a money pit with too many hangers on

Regards
Rick

austerdriver

Post by austerdriver »

Wouldn't it be better to have the Vulcan as taxing aircraft than have it flying and costing a shed load of money to keep it airworthy?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I've seen her and was very very pleased indeed. She is amazing. That said, difficult times etc... The trouble is its not the sort of thing you can pause unfortuately. The CAA don't do "years off" :lol:

I'd like to see much more corporate envolvement. Also I doubt there is any way in the UK you could run any complex aircraft with volunteers, its not technically viable. Different in the US though.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage