Grand Prix Legends.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Grand Prix Legends.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well, I thought I would try my hand at something a bit different, Grand Prix Legends. WOW, how difficult this is!!! :wall:

Not like your usual driving games, these cars HAVE to be driven, when cornering careful balance of the throttle is essential to get the blighter round, not to mention steering control!! :doh:

Tried my very first race and.........Well, will let you be the judge of it!! :worried:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Jetstreamsky
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Grand Prix Legends.

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Keep trying you'll get it right and get the Isle of Man course add on, it's excellent.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Doing better than I could Nigel :lol:

Cheers for that :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Some of those drivers were nutters! John Surtees always seemed intent in taking me out :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I put mine back in the box after it told me I needed a Voodoo2 to play it :lol: I'm sure Rick told me there was a patch to drag it into the late 20th Century but I never got that far 8)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Dave, if the urge is with you download the auto-installe just scroll down the page, it will upgrade GPL to what you saw but read the instruction!!

http://www.srworld.eu/contenido-4.6.8/c ... ?idcat=137

If setting up the car drives you mad like it did me then go here and scroll to the bottom of the page or even try some of the other setups from the menu, I actually got into the top 4 at Silverstone!!

http://eaglewoman.rscsites.org/gpl/index.htm

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello Nige :hello:

I never got to see the vid either mate. It says it requires Flash 8 to work and checking my version, I appear to have v10 so why it was warning me I needed v8, I've no idea. I lost interest at that point.. sri :(

I don't really do driving stuff anymore. If I feel the urge for something different, I either go and look at FSX or shoot something in CoD :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I've always wanted to do driving games, but 99% of them I turn off after not very long for one reason - unrealistic expectations. Why is it that none of these programmers can put in a friggin' Virtual Crew Chief/Engineer? I want to drive and I do want to learn to do the setups, but until I do, why can't there be an option to have things work like they do in the real world - your Crew Chief/Engineer sets up the car with a "baseline" and then you tell him if it's working or not and what you're getting then he makes the appropriate changes. It's annoying as hell to try and scroll through 4 windows of options while still driving the car to make all the changes I need instead of just being able to just "say" what is wrong (i.e. understeer/tight going into the turns, neutral through the center, and oversteer/loose coming off) and then have the "Virtual CC/CE" make the required changes.

What would be even better would be for them to allow a real person to be your crew chief/engineer and have them direct that part of the race with you. :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a lot of truth in that Chris ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Just managed to see the vid Nige.. (an online bike shop wanted to install Flash10.. even though I thought I'd got it, I let it and hey presto) :lol:

It's amusing but begs the question.. why would anyone want to publish footage of themselves driving like that *-)

:lol: :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage