Section 8 F-86E Sabre

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Re: Section 8 F-86E Sabre

Post by mgchristy »

I could be wrong (and probably am) but for the FS2004 version were there not some RAF repaints available?
The initial repaint pack by the Section8 team contained a RAF paint. I think there might be others out there, too (??)

Filename on Flightsim.com: sf86skns.zip
Mark

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

mgchristy wrote:
I could be wrong (and probably am) but for the FS2004 version were there not some RAF repaints available?
The initial repaint pack by the Section8 team contained a RAF paint. I think there might be others out there, too (??)

But the "RAF repaint" in that pack appears to be a natural metal version, i.e. totally incorrect. I haven't had the time to take this further, but it still remains very much on the list - I need to adapt one of the existing Canadian repaints, which should give me what is needed.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I have a number of illustrations of the Canadair model in RAF and RCAF colours - so if anyone wants to have a peek for painting purposes, just let me know.

All the RAF ones are Mk4/F4 variants and all camouflage schemes bar one - which is bare metal - from the OCU.

JD

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

AndyG wrote:
mgchristy wrote:

But the "RAF repaint" in that pack appears to be a natural metal version, i.e. totally incorrect. I haven't had the time to take this further, but it still remains very much on the list - I need to adapt one of the existing Canadian repaints, which should give me what is needed.
Actually I retract that statement - apparently there were or two in natural metal but RAF markings retained in Canada, for trials purposes.

JD, thanks for the offer, on a personal basis I have the info I need, just not the time at the moment - the RAF Jever steam laundry website is an absolute gem for reference.